Budget turntable advice

Trayderji

Hello everybody,

This is a great forum and i spent lot of time reading old/new threads.
First of all about my self, i have been into record listening from last 2 years (there use to be record player during my childhood). I have tried hands on few vintage philips and hmv ceramic players currently i am listening on cosmic cogram 2000bd. The music on this player is though not exciting but enjoyable as i am not an audiophile at this stage.
So i am looking for a good budget TT my budget is 20k to 30k(i know it is very low compared to TTs discussed here). So please sugget me a good player in this range the player should be fully automatic with magnetic cartridge.

Philips 242 is a great budget audiophile lp record player.. At 20-30k you have plenty of options from second hand sources.. A seperate budget of upto 10k for new cartridge must be spared.

Philips 242 is a great budget audiophile lp record player.. At 20-30k you have plenty of options from second hand sources.. A seperate budget of upto 10k for new cartridge must be spared.
Thanks Raj, Can u suggest where can i get second hand tts in Mumbai, dont want to go for olx

Please do not play records on a turntable fitted with a ceramic cartridge. They will ruin your records.
There are many factors to watch out for when using a ceramic cartridge - always use cartridges that track at lighter weights with balanced tonearms (the ones with counterweights). Also the stylus itself is important as many ceramic cartridges use sapphire styli. These wear off faster than diamond styli. Then there are styli meant for microgroove records and separate ones for 78s. At times these may appear as flip styli with both versions on the same cantilever. Never use the 78 stylus for playing microgroove records, if you do so the record grooves will be damaged, similarly never use the microgroove stylus for playing 78s or the stylus will be damaged.

If you know what to keep your eye on, a ceramic cartridges are perfectly safe to use. With a proper ceramic phonostage, they can be actually made to sound very nice too.

Good to see the ever growing community of Vinyl listeners. Even I restarted my journey into Vinyl just around 2 years back.

When I started, I was introduced to Pro-Ject and Rega models apart from many others including Denon. These are very renowned brands when it comes to professional turn tables.
While the entry level TT of Rega is around 35K, Pro-Ject have models starting around 25K.
I went in for Rega P1, entry level model from Rega and thoroughly enjoying it.

You can search on the different brands specified in this thread and find more information and reviews online to see which one they suit your needs and budget.

Thanks Raj, Can u suggest where can i get second hand tts in Mumbai, dont want to go for olx
I sent you made in Germany trones turntable pictures & videos, you didn't not respond correctly sir, I ready to shipping to Mumbai or Bombay

Good to see the ever growing community of Vinyl listeners. Even I restarted my journey into Vinyl just around 2 years back.

When I started, I was introduced to Pro-Ject and Rega models apart from many others including Denon. These are very renowned brands when it comes to professional turn tables.
While the entry level TT of Rega is around 35K, Pro-Ject have models starting around 25K.

You can search on the different brands specified in this thread and find more information and reviews online to see which one they suit your needs and budget.
Thank you sir

I sent you made in Germany trones turntable pictures & videos, you didn't not respond correctly sir, I ready to shipping to Mumbai or Bombay
Yes sir, I am aware and even liked the TT but before deciding I wanted to seek experts advice.

Is rega p1 gud to start for novice tt user.

Going by my experience I would definitely recommend it.

I was a complete newbie to the world of TT when I got into it and it took me just about 2-3 days to perfect the routine things like placing the cartridge stylus correctly at the beginning of the song, changing the speed from 33 to 45 and back. Once you know simple things, it is like any CD player, keep playing your albums and sit back and enjoy :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back