Budget Tv vs Flagship(H9G vs LG C9)

Rane-2020

Hisense H9G is really giving tough competition to flagship TVs this year.There is no doubt that C9/CX is the king.But is it worth twice the money.

I am assuming this on Toshiba U8080 is H9G with no major downgrade.

check these two videos and decide for yourself.Please Note that this just for getting idea.This is now way substitute the actual comparison in person.because of various factors like Youtubes compression,Video Quality of camera recording this video and your mobile/laptop screen.

1)

2)

Just 2 points I wanna make here
1. Toshiba (assuming H9G) is selling only the 65 inch at a price that is very close to the LG Bx 55 inch price. Most people are in the market for a 55 inch TV. I would happily go for an established brand that too OLED for the price.

2. Toshiba's after sales is pretty untested. Hard to spend 1L on a TV with no peace of mind.

But big question is when will toshiba launch it no doubt its a bomb with 1000+ nits brightness & after sale support is gonna b non existent , i myself in big dilemma what to do i am waiting for sony 8000h to make final call

1. Toshiba (assuming H9G) is selling only the 65 inch at a price that is very close to the LG Bx 55 inch price. Most people are in the market for a 55 inch TV. I would happily go for an established brand that too OLED for the price.

2. Toshiba's after sales is pretty untested. Hard to spend 1L on a TV with no peace of mind.
At the price point LG BX is a lot better. If only it could get a bit brighter 500nits is just too low for HDR even for an OLED.
However, If Toshiba is selling H9G without mucking it up then its a serious value for money product.

Point 2 i agree.we dont know about Toshiba's after-sales.

But for point 1 I dont think its a fair comparison.Its like comparing Mercedes B Class with Ford endeavour.

This is for people looking for 65 inch TV.For 55 inch people can consider Toshiba U7980 which is around 45k.Also I think you are comparing diwali BX price to current Toshiba prices.I dont think BX is currently selling for 1.1L.

I don't think you can even get a B9 below 1 lakh. BX should easily go around 1.3-1.4 lakh or so for 55". Also, if I'm buying a TV right now, I'll directly go for 65" but they are too expensive. The H9G is an amazing TV I can get in 1 lakh with 65" and no burn-in risk.

But for point 1 I dont think its a fair comparison.Its like comparing Mercedes B Class with Ford endeavour.

This is for people looking for 65 inch TV.For 55 inch people can consider Toshiba U7980 which is around 45k.Also I think you are comparing diwali BX price to current Toshiba prices.I dont think BX is currently selling for 1.1L.
are the prices out for toshiba TVs?

That's pretty much what I meant. If you're looking to buy a 65 inch, it'd be really hard to justify an OLED purchase with H9G around. The 45k Toshiba TVs don't really seem that good in terms of PQ. It'd have been really great if H9G was launched in 55 inch size. Wonder why Hisense didn't do it.
OLEDs are easy to recommend these days because everything below 1 lakh is not great. But these new Toshiba TVs are changing the landscape.

That's pretty much what I meant. If you're looking to buy a 65 inch, it'd be really hard to justify an OLED purchase with H9G around. The 45k Toshiba TVs don't really seem that good in terms of PQ. It'd have been really great if H9G was launched in 55 inch size. Wonder why Hisense didn't do it.
OLEDs are easy to recommend these days because everything below 1 lakh is not great. But these new Toshiba TVs are changing the landscape.
To be honest.. If it was available 2 months ago, I might have gone for H9G over C9 just coz it provides 95% of the performance at 50% of the cost without the risk of Burn in. However, reliability is also a huge concern due to the price segment. One might not spend 1 lakh for a TV which might not last beyond the 1 year warranty.

To be honest.. If it was available 2 months ago, I might have gone for H9G over C9 just coz it provides 95% of the performance at 50% of the cost without the risk of Burn in. However, reliability is also a huge concern due to the price segment. One might not spend 1 lakh for a TV which might not last beyond the 1 year warranty.
It's a 3 year warranty so there's that. But i dont know if the warranty's even worth it. That's pretty much where I stand. Not gonna spend 1L on a TV where I might have to go to consumer court to get it serviced in warranty. However, if the same TV was available for 60-65k in 55 inch size, I'd probably buy it.

It's a 3 year warranty so there's that. But i dont know if the warranty's even worth it. That's pretty much where I stand. Not gonna spend 1L on a TV where I might have to go to consumer court to get it serviced in warranty. However, if the same TV was available for 60-65k in 55 inch size, I'd probably buy it.
I hope it should be not be that bad.I mean the prices are very good for specs.Just hoping that service is at least above average. Lets see what toshiba does.Also whats the policy of all the big retailers like Reliance,Croma,Vijay Sales etc.do these guys provide any assistance in after-sales?

If sony reduces the price of X900H around 1.2L for 65 then that will another strong contender. Sony should consider doing this especially when Its selling a better tv X950G for 1.4L

check this video.

I hope it should be not be that bad.I mean the prices are very good for specs.Just hoping that service is at least above average. Lets see what toshiba does.Also whats the policy of all the big retailers like Reliance,Croma,Vijay Sales etc.do these guys provide any assistance in after-sales?
Toshiba is exclusive to Reliance Digital and my experience with Reliance Digital hasn't been great.

Lets C what Mi horizon is about hopefully it will be a qled , as toshiba has left us all very much confused

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back