Buffer/DAC/-cd player suggestions

If you stick to the budget of 10k, hifimediy 9018 and USB y cable and a anker powerbank. I heard the same silence, same details, better midbass, but slightly bright sound compared to my JDS ol DAC. I was too much confused which one to sell off. JDS OLDAC is a newer than the Schiit Modi, and sounds better than the Modi. I couldn't compare Modi directly against the hifimediy. Having bought multiple dacs from them, I "feel" It's hard to beat their DACs 'at the prices they are offered'.

If you are more into playing files than physical cds raspberry pi with a i2s dac will be a good option. A raspberry pi is 2.6k and pi dac from aliexpress is 1.2k , and it sounds cool

Can you help me with the right links to rpi and dac? I searched an there are a hell lot of options, just confused!!! I am looking to build one of this too.. These can play movies from a Pen Drive also right?

In my opinion, in 10k get the best USB DAC that also accepts coaxial input. For now hook it to laptop usb. This is best value for money at present, leaves lot of upgrade options in future of the likes of audiophile os, jitterbug, Allo digione, etc

In my opinion, in 10k get the best USB DAC that also accepts coaxial input. For now hook it to laptop usb. This is best value for money at present, leaves lot of upgrade options in future of the likes of audiophile os, jitterbug, Allo digione, etc
Thanks.. My idea was to play movies as well from rpi and use TV.. For movies, laptop screen is small.. The TV does not have a audio out to attach to amp..

Thanks.. My idea was to play movies as well from rpi and use TV.. For movies, laptop screen is small.. The TV does not have a audio out to attach to amp..

So movie playing limited to 1080p only? What would be movie source? Unless all downloaded HD audio track movies, evaluate fire stick too. Great value for money than even rpi

Sometimes can here kind of krik krik noice.
Check that noise is not from amp.It can be loose connection of 3.5mm cable.
As other suggested,you need good source files and player.Budget pioneer bluray player has decent analog out and can play music via USB.lf budget permits, then CD player with USB can be better choice.Later can add DAC too.

So movie playing limited to 1080p only? What would be movie source? Unless all downloaded HD audio track movies, evaluate fire stick too. Great value for money than even rpi
All movies in local, laptop.. Not high quality.. Mostly torrent ones :)

Check that noise is not from amp.It can be loose connection of 3.5mm cable.
As other suggested,you need good source files and player.Budget pioneer bluray player has decent analog out and can play music via USB.lf budget permits, then CD player with USB can be better choice.Later can add DAC too.
Krik Krik issue resolved after I connected laptop/mobile to amp through a Bluetooth receiver.. I am not sure if the bluray and the cd players will play the torrent /movies downloaded from YouTube will work?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back