Building a cheap HTPC.

Suggest you email the manufacturers.

One of two things will happen: either your mail will be completely ignored, or the correct screw will wing its way to you with astonishing speed.

Manufacturers can be astonishingly helpful. Sometimes, of course, they aren't ... but there's one way to find out :)

An update

The temps seem to rise when launching some poorly developed products like Krita or Gwenview or Flash player that consume a lot of cpu for simple file copy from SD card or media playback. I actually looked at the peak temps rather than the varying current temps and that worried me, but the current temps looks fine for most part.

Then I found this review of 880G chipset and my temps appear to be in line for passively cooled mobo heatsinks except for a 4th gen 7200.12 500G Seagate barracuda that is above 40celcius when not in use (no filesystems mounted!!) http://www.hardwarezone.com.ph/feature-amd-880g-mobo-roundup-new-mainstream-integrated-graphics/temperature-power-consumption-11

Temp_4.gif

And mine attached.

So it doesn't really look like the temps are hovering at dangerous levels like I thought. And the cpu core temp is quite comfortably lower than the max of 70. NorthBridge is 8 degrees more than peak on the gigabyte yes. but currently I have NO fan in the Chassis. A 6cm fan might fix it.

Edit: Except that my readings are not under peak load or a stress test but when cpu is auto-underclocked to 800mhz with one core running at 3.2Gh possibly!! :(

--G0bble

Attachments

• IncorrectCPUUsageReported1.jpg
    IncorrectCPUUsageReported1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IncorrectCPUUsageReported2.jpg
    IncorrectCPUUsageReported2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Hi,

I am planning to build a HTPC source based on AMD E350 (vinayaga-raman.blogspot.com). I will add dac after sometime. Can we rely on the onboard soundcard or its better to add a XONAR card.

I am planning to use android OS for this PC.

Whats your take on this config?

@Vinayaga - Thanks a lot for your blog.

Thanks

Chid

You are welcome. If you have any questions, feel free to ping me.

Hi,

I am planning to build a HTPC source based on AMD E350 (vinayaga-raman.blogspot.com). I will add dac after sometime. Can we rely on the onboard soundcard or its better to add a XONAR card.

I am planning to use android OS for this PC.

Whats your take on this config?

@Vinayaga - Thanks a lot for your blog.

Thanks

Chid

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back