Building my Dream - My own Home Theater

Roofing completed.
Some outside paneling of the borders (called flashing) is yet to be done. To complete this saturday.
On the pic, front wall is where the screen would come in (120 inch diagonal fixed frame)
The opening towards the right is the window
Doors on the left (not quite visible).
Had an issue with the height calculations, looks like I will end up with around 8.25-8 feet only in ceiling height. Could be a blessing in disguise, as 12 WX 20 L X 8 H is a good ratio as per some experts.
Any comments from the experts here ?

Btw - I went to the WhatHi-Fi show today at Bangalore. Got to see the BenQ W8000. Looked brilliant in all aspects. 2.75L MRP. Best price maybe 2.2 L ? - Anyone ?

Attachments

• Roofing Done.jpg
    Roofing Done.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 322
Slow progress. Levelling of the floor completed yesterday.
Yet another break for 2 weeks as I am travelling. Will pick up a few good Blu rays from abroad.

Would recommend new epson projector 5040 even if you won't be using 4k material as it improves even Hd images to 2k and difference is noticeable.

Sunith,
all the best,make it best ,enjoy ur journey.
Go for epson tw8300,give them call ,they will give demo at your house.EMI,interest free bajaj emi all options available.Don't buy costly screen from dealers,buy it from SP road ,really cheap with same brands,Also try alibaba for screens.All set up is free from epson dealers ,keep all things ready then only install projector & screen.Fixed screen will be cheap & easy .

Last edited:
Mands and Sachin:

Epson TW8300 from MZ Audio in Mumbai, for 1.91L.
The nearest lower price was 2.2L

Order placed. Awaiting shipment.

All:

Sorry for absconding for a while. There are quite a few updates...

(1) Projector received.... an amazing picture.. DVD looks great, Blurays look stunning. I am projecting on a painted wall..
(2) My Onkyo received went bad finally, after start and stop for multiple instances.. Finally, I got it to the Onkyo service center in Bangalore.. and he found a few issues, 8K - all fixed.. Took two weeks, though. Back to happy days
(3) Procured a new BD player - Sony BD-S6700. 90$ in US thru amazon.com. My brother got it along with his checked luggage. Unit is so small, almost the size of a Diary.. Thats all.. No display.. But has 3D, and all other needed features...
(3) Speaker wires still need to be concealed. Maybe next weekend work

So, after all the hard work for almost an year, my HT room is ready.. I have started watching movies.. .. Some more decoration planned.. posters, etc...
Will post more pictures later... One sample below..... Fast and Furious 7 BD - One word to summarize - Stunning !

Attachments

• Fast and Furious.jpg
    Fast and Furious.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 77
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back