Bulb burst - panny projector

anm

I heard a burst sound, and the screen went blank. Projector lamp warning light is blinking red.
There was no lamp replacement warning, the projector was switched on 30 mins back. Was not in use for about a week or so as I did not watch any movies last week or this weekend :sad:

Now what do I do? Anyone dealing with replacement bulbs locally at reasonable price and warranty? Reading review of replacement bulb on amazon gives scary fealing.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Projector Lamp for Panasonic PT-AX200U 220-Watt 2000-Hrs HS (Replacement)

Sorry to hear this. The lamp problem is the projector nightmare that has prevented me from buying them. Fortunately bulb less projectors are available. Waiting for them to become affordable.

It seems your bulb has bursted. Open the projector, remove lamp and check. If the lamp has bursted it will be dark from inside and you will find the wire elements inside broken . For removing lamp refer manual. for anything further write again.

projector guru - it seems I need to replace the lamp anyways. suggest where to buy with warranty so that if it turns out bad, I can get a replacement.

I heard a burst sound, and the screen went blank. Projector lamp warning light is blinking red.
There was no lamp replacement warning, the projector was switched on 30 mins back. Was not in use for about a week or so as I did not watch any movies last week or this weekend :sad:

Now what do I do? Anyone dealing with replacement bulbs locally at reasonable price and warranty? Reading review of replacement bulb on amazon gives scary fealing.

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Projector Lamp for Panasonic PT-AX200U 220-Watt 2000-Hrs HS (Replacement)

Hey anm.. Saad about your Projector lamp, hope you get it for a good price..

I told my wife that "kisi ke nazar lag gayi hamare projector ko" so she replied "nazar nahi, tumhari khud ki dua qubool ho gayi - ab naya 3D projector aayega?"

I told my wife that "kisi ke nazar lag gayi hamare projector ko" so she replied "nazar nahi, tumhari khud ki dua qubool ho gayi - ab naya 3D projector aayega?"

LOL :) I wish the same positive attitude from my future wife ;-)

LOL :lol:

But sorry to hear about the bulb...any chance of going back to where you bought it from and seek damages???

Get in touch with Panasonic India, that way you will get warranty cover on the new bulb.

Sorry to hear about the Bulb. If you want a replacement then let me know as I can help you out with it. A replacement lamp with Bill and Warranty. But I don't think that it would be a wise idea to spend money on it as it would cost you more than 15K, instead look for a new projector as anyways you wanted to change it.

a new projector will cost A LOT. And since I have a single hdmi cable (damn!!) going to projector, In case I go for a 3D - would either need NAD upgrade or switching cables.

a new projector will cost A LOT. And since I have a single hdmi cable (damn!!) going to projector, In case I go for a 3D - would either need NAD upgrade or switching cables.

No need to switch cables or put another HDMI, as a Splitter would do this job easily in your setup.

I had bought projector bulb at a very cheap price from amazon a couple of years back and it has been working fine till now. I can't say that your lamp will also have good life but if the price is right and if the lamp is a packed piece, you can go for it.

3D projectors are not my cup of tea. I tried watching a few movies in 3D and a documentary about space station and another about underwater life and trust me, these are just something to enjoy for a few minutes or to show off, in my opinion. I like watching the movies without any glasses and at normal THX display settings.

I had bought projector bulb at a very cheap price from amazon a couple of years back and it has been working fine till now. I can't say that your lamp will also have good life but if the price is right and if the lamp is a packed piece, you can go for it.

3D projectors are not my cup of tea. I tried watching a few movies in 3D and a documentary about space station and another about underwater life and trust me, these are just something to enjoy for a few minutes or to show off, in my opinion. I like watching the movies without any glasses and at normal THX display settings.
I checked amazon - ones sold by sellers are not deliverable to India, and that sold by amazon is USD350!

this was sarcastic to the core, not positive attitude :)
Though it is sad to loose gadget, positive thing is that you are lucky as your wife thinks in your line and reads your mind too.. though sarcastic.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back