Buy or not to buy Cheap Sony Lcd? (Advice Needed)

falcon007

i stay in Mumbai.. and i was passing this shop at Mohammad Ali Road which deals in all sorts of electronics.. and i went an inquired the prices of the lcd there.

i am thinking of buying a sony lcd either 32 or 40 inch. (Budget R.s 40000)

32EX400 - (sony showroom price 33900) this shop is giving it in 26000

40bx400 - (sony showroom price 52,900) this shop is giving it at 34000

40ex400 - (sony showroom price 54900) this shop is giving it at 38000

I asked him if all of them would be box packed. he say yes definitely. looking at the prices quoted by him i am sure its a grey market shop. I asked him what if there is some problem with lcd and he said take no tension and just get it back straight to him. Now i am really confused if i should buy any of the 40inch lcd from this shop or buy a 32ex400 from sony showroom as my budget is rs 40000. Please Advice.

Why dont you ask him for the newly launched ex520. But its expensive...

You can even ask for the ex420 which has edge LED but its only wxga as opposed to Full HD offered in ex400... So its for you to decide now..

My suggestion is, go for the 2011 models (drop the ex420 if you are concerned about full HD) as it features x-reality engine. But actually i havent seen the exact diff. between the XR and the BE3. So if possible compare them and buy.

Since the dealer says he will take it back if there is any issue, he seems reliable. But to be on the safer side, check it thoroughly before you buy. Because once when i was to Mumbai i have been cheated by a taxi driver. And i heard that nearly half of the Mumbaiwalas are very cunning... So beware..

Before you buy,check with SOny if he is an authorised or at least an known dealer. Also, a discrete check will tell you if he is selling refurbised/ damaged goods.
Anyone can promise you the earth,or give guarantees, before they take your money!

The grey market prices of Sony EX400 has come down quite a bit due to a large shipment arrival in Chennai, this is a good time to buy a Sony LCD if anyone is planning to get one.

You can even ask for the ex420 which has edge LED but its only wxga as opposed to Full HD offered in ex400... So its for you to decide now..

My suggestion is, go for the 2011 models (drop the ex420 if you are concerned about full HD) as it features x-reality engine. But actually i havent seen the exact diff. between the XR and the BE3. So if possible compare them and buy.

Since the dealer says he will take it back if there is any issue, he seems reliable. But to be on the safer side, check it thoroughly before you buy. Because once when i was to Mumbai i have been cheated by a taxi driver. And i heard that nearly half of the Mumbaiwalas are very cunning... So beware..

The EX400 will be replaced by the 2011 replacement model CX520 its a CCFL based lcd comes in 32",40",46".It has far more features supports wifi and plays youtube videos,video skpe and may have a opera browser.
The EX420 is 768p tv .

Thanks for the reply. i think it will be better if i choose 1 of the models i mentioned in my post as others will be over my budget.. haha yea i will be careful when i buy it.. Should i be careful about anything in particular? or just the general stuff?

Before you buy,check with SOny if he is an authorised or at least an known dealer. Also, a discrete check will tell you if he is selling refurbised/ damaged goods.
Anyone can promise you the earth,or give guarantees, before they take your money!

He his not a sony authorised dealer for sure. it would be impossible for him to sell at these prices if he was. you are completely right i will get some written confirmation from him incase anything happens that he will help me out..

The grey market prices of Sony EX400 has come down quite a bit due to a large shipment arrival in Chennai, this is a good time to buy a Sony LCD if anyone is planning to get one.

oh thanks for the info.. but do u think that Rs 38000 is a proper price? because i have not heard anyone getting the ex400 less than Rs 40000. but then again as you said the large shipment has arrived may be the prices have fallen... cause few months back when i inquired the price of ex400 at the same shop it was 40500. So i think its a drop because of the large arrival. any idea where the shipment must have arrived from?

The EX400 will be replaced by the 2011 replacement model CX520 its a CCFL based lcd comes in 32",40",46".It has far more features supports wifi and plays youtube videos,video skpe and may have a opera browser.
The EX420 is 768p tv .

hey adder can you tell me if this shop does not provide installation should i call the official sony center and tell them to come and do the install? Also please tell me if i buy one of the above models what care do i need to take in terms of voltage and all? which stabilizer should i buy?

hi rajapraveen80,

Any idea about Panasonic models, preferably?

Grey blue or black, if the price is right and it is a box piece:eek:hyeah:, then if you can get me a quote

42, Full HD, plasma, check and let me know if you can, will even come down to chennai if the price is right

Vinod

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back