Confused which one to buy between QLED, OLED and LED TV

I had same confusion 3 months before. Then settled with Sony X9000F. This one replaced my Sony LCD HD TV of 12 years old which works fine (it works fine even now) with the history of zero issues irrespective of very poor power fluctuation.

Here is the yard stick I prepared to zero down to Sony LED against LG OLED. It may be useful for you too. Give weight-age to these points based on your requirement. It varies.
1. OLED gives best contrast. But on other hand OLED causes Black crush i.e., lost of grey shades in black
2. If watching TV on brightly lit room, go for Sony LED. If dark room, go for LG OLED
3. If watching TV from very very wide angle go for LG OLED or go for Sony LED
4. If watching TV on brightly lit room, go for Sony LED. If dark room, go for LG OLED
5. Deal breaker: Risk of Burn-in and lack of warranty in LG for the same may be deal breaker for you. It is up to your risk taking ability. No one has exactly figured out what pattern of viewing causes burn-in.
6. If most of the contents are low fps (24/30), it causes poor stutter in LG OLED
7. UI lag fixed in latest Android Oreo FW update in Sony. But after update also it is crap. Since I plan to buy Nvidia shield Android TV box, I don't mind and skipped this flaw. If you don't have such plan, it is frustrating in everyday TV watching.
8. If you are not keen on Android TV, LG OLED may be good one. It has silky flowing UI with most used apps (the most missed one - HotStar also recently added).
9. Good remote? Go for LG. The worst remote? Go for Sony :)

Last edited:
I had same confusion 3 months before. Then settled with Sony X9000F. This one replaced my Sony LCD HD TV of 12 years old which works fine (it works fine even now) with the history of zero issues irrespective of very poor power fluctuation.

Here is the yard stick I prepared to zero down to Sony LED against LG OLED. It may be useful for you too. Give weight-age to these points based on your requirement. It varies.
1. OLED gives best contrast. But on other hand OLED causes Black crush i.e., lost of grey shades in black
2. If watching TV on brightly lit room, go for Sony LED. If dark room, go for LG OLED
3. If watching TV from very very wide angle go for LG OLED or go for Sony LED
4. If watching TV on brightly lit room, go for Sony LED. If dark room, go for LG OLED
5. Deal breaker: Risk of Burn-in and lack of warranty in LG for the same may be deal breaker for you. It is up to your risk taking ability. No one has exactly figured out what pattern of viewing causes burn-in.
6. If most of the contents are low fps (24/30), it causes poor stutter in LG OLED
7. UI lag fixed in latest Android Oreo FW update in Sony. But after update also it is crap. Since I plan to buy Nvidia shield Android TV box, I don't mind and skipped this flaw. If you don't have such plan, it is frustrating in everyday TV watching.
8. If you are not keen on Android TV, LG OLED may be good one. It has silky flowing UI with most used apps (the most missed one - HotStar also recently added).
9. Good remote? Go for LG. The worst remote? Go for Sony :)
Currently I am using iffalcon K2A TV which has brightness of 280 nits. I dont see any concerning issue of brightness with the TV in my living room. So I think OLED with brightness more than that should suffice. The only deal breaker is the Risk of Burn-in in OLED.

Hi

As everyone said stay away from OLED. I had gone to buy Sony A8F with knowledge of burn in issue but on the spot changed my mind and bought Sony 9000F. It's a very good product. Very good color and contrast. As far as upscaling, I have not seen any upscaling being done to SD content. 4k and HD are nice to view. Common issue with all the flat screen tvs baring Sony OLEDs with additional woofers, all suffer from poor sound re production.

To overcome this I am using Sony ST 5000 soundbar and for me this is unbeatable combo.

Go for QLED or LED at the moment until OLED is rationalized.
How is the performance of SD channels of Set top boxes? And how are the blacks ?

I am using tcl 65inch via amazon and I bought it last year its amazing.

There is no reason to go over the board.

I am using tcl 65inch via amazon and I bought it last year its amazing.

There is no reason to go over the board.
To be honest I also found my iffalcon (a TCL brand) 55" K2A TV amazing until I saw the performance of some other TVs when played a non 4K content through external HDD

I bought an LG C8 55" 3 months ago, while I was planning to buy a Samsung R80 Qled too due to burn-in tactic and mixed preachings by different store staff. I visited few stores and watched both Qled & OLED next to each other and then one by one with similar setting and exact same content. It changed my perspective about what I shall buy and I bought the LG C8 within a week.
Qled offers better whites and extremely vibrant colours (almost artificial for some), but among TVs, I personally preferred the deeper blacks and more natural, balanced and yet rich color reproduction, processing of 4k HDR content, rendering of best games from Xbox One X, etc. The UI & UX are a breeze with all necessary apps working like a charm, very intuitive and user friendly remote control, the processor is pretty good on C8, as I didn't notice any lag while running several apps at once. Accessing media via HDDs works quick too, I have connected a 4TB WD Passport to the TV, apart from Xbox One X. I haven't connected any DTH with this TV as I barely watch TV anyway, while almost all apps are inbuilt.

While I was in decision making mode, I didn't like the idea of buying an LED with a quantum filter which isn't next gen tech IMO. Of course Samsung offers 10 years warranty for screen burn-in, but while buying technology, I prefer to choose better tech, which seems future proof, and serves the purpose immediately. I owned a Samsung LCD TV which served me well for over 12-13 years, and now I have switched to LG OLED, and I couldn't be happier or more satisfied with my decision.
There are skeptics, and then early adopters, and lately working with a technology company has made me more of an early adopter, than being a skeptic. Of course these televisions are not cheap, and one must consider all factors before making a final decision. But I couldn't stop from sharing my 2 cents of knowledge acquired by owning and using one.

PS: Didn't like the idea of a full array LED, which replicates offering 'best of both worlds', but doesn't justify either, neither did it appeal to me when I auditioned it.

Well I would definitely recommend the OLED over the LCD models. The action seems more coherent (dont have a better word) its is akin to watching sports on plasma and lcd-led. Well the burn-in exists but with a little care nothing will happen except some non persistent burn-in which is temporary in nature.

I bought an LG C8 55" 3 months ago, while I was planning to buy a Samsung R80 Qled too due to burn-in tactic and mixed preachings by different store staff. I visited few stores and watched both Qled & OLED next to each other and then one by one with similar setting and exact same content. It changed my perspective about what I shall buy and I bought the LG C8 within a week.
Qled offers better whites and extremely vibrant colours (almost artificial for some), but among TVs, I personally preferred the deeper blacks and more natural, balanced and yet rich color reproduction, processing of 4k HDR content, rendering of best games from Xbox One X, etc. The UI & UX are a breeze with all necessary apps working like a charm, very intuitive and user friendly remote control, the processor is pretty good on C8, as I didn't notice any lag while running several apps at once. Accessing media via HDDs works quick too, I have connected a 4TB WD Passport to the TV, apart from Xbox One X. I haven't connected any DTH with this TV as I barely watch TV anyway, while almost all apps are inbuilt.

While I was in decision making mode, I didn't like the idea of buying an LED with a quantum filter which isn't next gen tech IMO. Of course Samsung offers 10 years warranty for screen burn-in, but while buying technology, I prefer to choose better tech, which seems future proof, and serves the purpose immediately. I owned a Samsung LCD TV which served me well for over 12-13 years, and now I have switched to LG OLED, and I couldn't be happier or more satisfied with my decision.
There are skeptics, and then early adopters, and lately working with a technology company has made me more of an early adopter, than being a skeptic. Of course these televisions are not cheap, and one must consider all factors before making a final decision. But I couldn't stop from sharing my 2 cents of knowledge acquired by owning and using one.

PS: Didn't like the idea of a full array LED, which replicates offering 'best of both worlds', but doesn't justify either, neither did it appeal to me when I auditioned it.
Thats super helpful !

So it seems I wont be able to upgrade my TV this year. I almost bought the LG C9 55" model (was getting around 1.3L with all the cashbacks) but then my wife saw Sony X9000F 65" which was available for 1.5L after all the discounts and cashbacks. She liked the size and asked me to buy it rather than the C9 ( for her size is an upgrade and not quality ! women you see !!). But after seeing the OLED performance, I didnt want to go back to a LED. So the only option was a 65" C9 but sadly thats way out of my budget now,retailing over 2 lacs! So I have put the TV buying on hold till the OLED 65" price comes down to 1.75 or I manage to rob a bank or sell a kidney. :(

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back