Buying a Panasonic 32LE8?

parry656

Hi Guys,

I just registered on the forum today and must compliment the users in this forum for all the fantastic information. I wanted to buy a new LCD and just typed for information in Google and was lucky to get to this forum. Hats off to all the members. I went through the forum and found that Panny PV8 is a very good model and i did check it out at two stores in Mumbai. Would have definitely gone for that model if budget wouldn't have been an issue.

Anyways i am planning to go for the Panasonic 32le8 model and just wanted a final assurance whether i am making the right decision. I will be using it mainly for SD content using my Hathway set top box and a coupe of DVD movies. The price has been quoted as

Vijay Sales (Goregaon East) - 30000 to be paid in easy installments of 15 months with 0 % interest and nil processing fees

Ezone (Oberoi Mall) - 31500 in installments and 28500 in full cash payment.

I am going to check Hyper City, Next, and Chroma tomorrow and if none of them give me a better option I will buy it from Vijay Sales by paying them in installments.

What do you think? If any place cheaper in Mumbai please suggest.

Thanks in advance. You guys have already been very helpful.:):clapping:

Hi Guys,

I just registered on the forum today and must compliment the users in this forum for all the fantastic information. I wanted to buy a new LCD and just typed for information in Google and was lucky to get to this forum. Hats off to all the members. I went through the forum and found that Panny PV8 is a very good model and i did check it out at two stores in Mumbai. Would have definitely gone for that model if budget wouldn't have been an issue.

Anyways i am planning to go for the Panasonic 32le8 model and just wanted a final assurance whether i am making the right decision. I will be using it mainly for SD content using my Hathway set top box and a coupe of DVD movies. The price has been quoted as

Vijay Sales (Goregaon East) - 30000 to be paid in easy installments of 15 months with 0 % interest and nil processing fees

Ezone (Oberoi Mall) - 31500 in installments and 28500 in full cash payment.

I am going to check Hyper City, Next, and Chroma tomorrow and if none of them give me a better option I will buy it from Vijay Sales by paying them in installments.

What do you think? If any place cheaper in Mumbai please suggest.

Thanks in advance. You guys have already been very helpful.:):clapping:

Hi Pary ,
This Sunday there was offer in Vijaysales on this wonderful LCD,it is very natural performar & DVD pic is to good.

Hi Parry ,
This Sunday there was offer in Vijay Sales on this wonderful LCD,it is very natural performar & DVD pic is to good.

Yes its the same offer...1667 X 15 months installaments and down payment 5000...i will probably get it from Vijay Sales only unless somebody at another place gives it to me at 25k

Yes its the same offer...1667 X 15 months installaments and down payment 5000...i will probably get it from Vijay Sales only unless somebody at another place gives it to me at 25k

But one thing let me tell you ,I got it in same price in Diwali for my sister in Pune under old TV exchanged.1st Vijaysales offered for 32k,when told its available for 30k,they reduced price under Excchg,
Someone from forum got it for 28k.

eZone was selling it at around 26K this Jan, during their mega sale. If you can wait till August, eZone will have another mega sale then.

But one thing let me tell you ,I got it in same price in Diwali for my sister in Pune under old TV exchanged.1st Vijaysales offered for 32k,when told its available for 30k,they reduced price under Excchg,
Someone from forum got it for 28k.

I didn't check the exchange offer but i guess that will be 2000 less on the price...under exchange I mit get it for 28k....I will check with them but i also don't want to part with my BPL India....working nicely for the past 20 years....:)

eZone was selling it at around 26K this Jan, during their mega sale. If you can wait till August, eZone will have another mega sale then.

My BPL has lost all its color and so want to buy one ASAP. However Ezone guy was not willing to go beyond 28500 and that too in full cash payment. And guys ezone does reduce prices if u bargain. The display price for PV8 was 48k and I told tham that vijay sales was giving it for 44k. They immediately called someone and said that they were willing to give it to me for 44K. If i had mentioned 40k , i thk they wud have given that to me also in full cash payment. So guys bargain hard at Ezone...you are sure to get a good deal...vijay sales doesnt go beyond the marked price unless u go for bulk purchases....the only reason i m going for vijay sales is the installments options....it is a little easy on the pocket....cheers

Last edited:
@parry656 - Its a good TV. On EMI/finance it works out to be great VFM, go for it. I would vote for the PV8 above all else but that will work out/cost more.

@parry656 - Its a good TV. On EMI/finance it works out to be great VFM, go for it. I would vote for the PV8 above all else but that will work out/cost more.

I had my mind set on the PV8 but due to cost limits had to forgo that....but i know that the LE8 will do me good....so many people cannot be wrong about a product....cheers

Guys, can any one share some experience about Panasonic 42LZ80?

well it stood its own amongst the following:

Samsung 32A550 (lost detail and colour)
Samsung 32B530 (was very close but image was soft in comparison to the panny - colours were great though)
Sharp Aquous 32 (great competition but lost out due to greater detail in the panny)
Sony T series (again it was equally matched but price was higher for the sony)
semi HD stuff/SD stuff
LG (dont remember the model number though it was a 32)

though if you pay more money I would suggets the LG Jazz LCD(the only LG that I suggest and also its a full HD model) - which is VFM next to the panny.

BTW there is a problem with projecting PC desktop on the panny - there is underscan/overscan and images seem to be bigger/smaller than the screen when using the HDMI cable. With normal VGA cable everything is fine though upto the screen maximum resolution.

buy lx80 instead of le80 it has got IPS panel for the same price. i bought it for 28500 from alfa with bill. but it is recommended to go for full HD now

All pan models has IPS panal,some of them are alpha.

What abt the 32LE8? Does that have a IPS panel too? I purchased the unit already and am quite satisfied with the PQ. Having a ball watching the world cup on a nice panny :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Last edited:
What abt the 32LE8? Does that have a IPS panel too? I purchased the unit already and am quite satisfied with the PQ. Having a ball watching the world cup on a nice panny :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Generally panals of Panasonic are made in Japan.They dont use TN panals(corean).So the IPS is the only option.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back