Buying advice on MP3 player and IEM combo

harshgupta16

I'm looking to buy a new audio combo of an Mp3 player and earphones. I'm looking at the following things:

Total Budget: 6-7k (mp3 player 4-5k, headphones 1.5-2k) This budget has already been stretched, so no more room for improvement.

Mp3 player: A portable, small mp3 player. A screen is not necessary. The quality of the output of sound should be the deciding factor.

IEM: Strictly for music. The genres I listen to are mostly EDM and alternative rock. So I need a punchy bass, not too overpowering.

Priority: I'm looking for a product with the best audio quality. Reliability is also an important factor. I travel a lot in the metro, so the build quality should be good enough. The wires shouldn't be too fragile and the connections have to be strong. Overall, the earphones have got to be sturdy, they'll be under a lot of stress given my use. Best noise cancellation in it's class. Audio quality has to be the deciding factor, apart from sturdiness.

I've read a lot about SoundMagic E10, but it's a Chinese company. Plus, I'm looking at established brands like Sony and Sennheiser, because my experience with lesser known brands regarding audio products hasn't been good.

I currently own a Sennheiser CX200 Street II

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back