Buying decision , need Help for 55 inch LED or Plasma and which model

Does Plasma screen of panasonic look grey , I just seen a samsung plasma and it looks grey, odd amongs all LEDs. [swich Off condition]

Does Plasma screen of panasonic look grey , I just seen a samsung plasma and it looks grey, odd amongs all LEDs. [swich Off condition]

Dont forget that plasma's have massive reflections and also will result in image burn-in unless you take very good care of your tv which is impossible if your kids and wife are going to watch tv.

^ true.
buy a plasma if you are ready to take care.
but thats also true they are pretty cheap compared to leds and still give a better picture...
if you open to the idea of taking care to avoid image retention problem..plasmas are good for you.

Sometimes it is worth the extra effort of "babysitting" your plasma for the first few hundred hours.
Let me give you an account of my experience with st50 vs hx850 regarding youtube videos.
I was comparing the quality w.r.t to a video of Hubblecast which shows pictures of universe at my cousin's place who owns hx850.
No offence, hx850 was very good.But way behind st50 in terms of colors and blacks(deep space needs to be shown real black).
Also there is a kind of sumptuousness of the picture(more thicker).
But of course, spin a bluray and hx850 shows deeper blacks and the picture has a sweetness unique to hx850.

Thanks.

Many LCD or LED TV are good for HD Picture because of the slower pixel response times of LCD screens. It is the main reason.

Plasma TVs made by many brands like Samsung, LG , Panasonic. many range in size from 42 inches to roughly 65 inches. but Panasonic has some larger model 150 inch.

I have more or less Zeroed in on 50UT50.

I have heared a lot about it, but what kind of care you need to take for a Plasma to avoid IR's and Burn-ins?

nothng speacial...i would love to take the hassale as the price is cheap and still better picture...
you have to avoid static image for long duration..say a movie with black bars 3 hours is fine...and we normally change the channels automatically,so no problem.......thats it.first 200 hours low brightness and low contrast...bas

Oh ho ho, So when i went for a demo of Plasma, there is a dark horizontal patch at bottom of demo model. Must be burnout due to movies which shows blaCK bars due wide format. as I am going to see CNBC channel which has many static content plasma is not for me.
One more problem of reflection, dont know abt panasonic, but in samsung plasma, I can do my shaving with TV on, ya its mirror like reflections. In demo model I have to stand 45 degree sideways to see whats displayed on TV. If you are watching tv in well light condition, pls no plasma.

Will someday the ratina display come in the tv, that will be a day for us tv lovers. else big pixels on tv are very annoying when one comes near tv.

SO I mostly made up my mind for sony HX750 from grey market. That was available at 70k before diwali, now 82000 rs, Due to xmas season all TVs going to us/europe etc, shortage in greymarket shooted up the price. but I will wait till it comes around 75k. Till than I have to use my office tv in my home. I sold my 40 inch LCD bravia today.

Last edited:
If anybody knows any seller who sells grey market hx750 pls let me know, it would be a great help for me, anywhere Mumbai, bangalore, chennai. I have my friends there who will buy for me.

If anybody knows any seller who sells grey market hx750 pls let me know, it would be a great help for me, anywhere Mumbai, bangalore, chennai. I have my friends there who will buy for me.

In bangalore you can go to sukh sagar mall near national market and in delhi its gaffar market.

Last edited:
Gaffar Market is in Delhi.. Mumbai there are few shops around Fountain and Crawford, I think... never visited any myself..

Mumbai rate 81500 for 46 ich hx750 sony
Bangalore rate 83000
chennai not available.

Rate before diwali 71000.

need to pay 10000 more as I waited till now.

Mumbai rate 81500 for 46 ich hx750 sony
Bangalore rate 83000
chennai not available.

Rate before diwali 71000.

need to pay 10000 more as I waited till now.

wait for another month or two, the rates will again come down.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back