Buying from the US!

Shanxp

Hi guys,

I was contemplating picking up some stuff from the US for my home theatre system. Specifically I was looking at buying a Optoma HD20 projector and a Denon AVR3311 receiver. I find a substantial difference in pricing. Just wanted your inputs on what would be the hassles from a technical point of view if any. Thanks.

Shankar

you would require a step down converter. as long as you get a good quality one there shouldnt be any issues. if you can buy in the us and get it into india (considering transport / customs etc) then you will definitely save a lot of money. some products do come with a switch on the rear to change it from 110 to 220 so if you do find a product with that option its always better. if not a step down is quite easily available

Bought Pioneer vsx 1020 from Amazon last week. Customs didnt question even though my suitcase had a chalk X on it!

Bought a step down transformer from Vishal electronics on SP road for 2400 yesterday

and its working fine. I also dont think it has any PAL/NTSC issues as my Tata sky HD and Wii bought from UK is accepted by the receiver.

Optoma HD20 will not have any technical issue as it works on both 110/220v without any need to change anything manually.

Denon AVR3311 needs stepdown transformer

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back