Buzzing/Whine in XUV 500 JBL amp

bhvm

Hello Everyone,
After much thought, I have installed JBL 4 channel AMP in my XUV 500. However since day 1, I am having the dreaded Buzzing/Whine Problem

Here is the amp-
JBL : Support - GTX-646 - GT-X646

The Amp is installed to HU RCA out ( ITS A NIGHTMARE TO INSTALL> PLEASE LET ME SHOUT IT OUT!)

However, ANY speakers connected to AMP out has buzzing sound That is constant. It does not change with volume or speed of vehicle. Its also Same with vehicle OFF so its not alternator whine.
Please help me folks, Already had a hard time getting one installed and now this problem!

Thanks.

Ouch..that's bad.

Improper wiring like loose connection or bad ground can cause this. Issue with any of the channels of the amps can also cause this. Check with the installer and ask him to verify the wiring. If that is not the problem, then get the amp checked / replaced with warranty. Also, see whether the whine decreases with the gain in the amp.

Last edited:
Ouch..that's bad.

Improper wiring like loose connection or bad ground can cause this. Issue with any of the channels of the amps can also cause this. Check with the installer and ask him to verify the wiring. If that is not the problem, then get the amp checked / replaced with warranty. Also, see whether the whine decreases with the gain in the amp.

Thank you for the reply,
i did visit the installer and He took the AMP out and tested the same in this Shop, where it worked OK/
So what remains is wiring. Now thats bringing me sweat already. You can check up the install pics here and see how dangerous it was-

?Thunderbolt? XUV 5OO Detailed Review (Decals, Audio, LED, Mods++)

What do you think of installing a capacitor or Ground loop isolator mr?
anything but dismantiling dashboard again! :( :-(

Install was at mahindra Dealer. RCA cable was top quality according to him.

Aagh..A.S.S installation is generally pita :p. Better to take it to some professional installers. Makes a big difference in car audio. Which city you are from?

Aagh..A.S.S installation is generally pita :p. Better to take it to some professional installers. Makes a big difference in car audio. Which city you are from?

I live in a small town. dealer is 110Km away.
Anyhow, I visited him yesterday (220km Run!!). He Opened the Dashboard and checked connections. We also tried running a seperate ground wire directly to battery. Next we took a new RCA cable and externally brought it to the AMP. No avail!same Buzz that way. The buzz didn't change at all. So we got no clue how it happened. What remains is to open car Black box or Some ECU inside dashboard. Which i have not allowed him for the moment.

I'm seriously mad now.

I used to have a similar problem but the whining sound use to change with the speed of the Vehicle. Indigo/pioneer/ Blaupunkt amp.

Eventually ended up selling the car!

drphil;50f5379 said:
I used to have a similar problem but the whining sound use to change with the speed of the Vehicle. Indigo/pioneer/ Blaupunkt amp.

:-:)-:)-:)-:)-:)-(

Whining is different from hiss. There are filters available for the power fed to the HU to reduce whining.

Whining is different from hiss. There are filters available for the power fed to the HU to reduce whining.

Thank you for dropping in,

I had a visit to dealer, did 2 things-

1) Disconnecting the body ground and running a DIRECT wire from Amp Ground/Negative to Battery Negative-- NO AVAIL

2) Open the Dashboard and try new, external RCA cable from HU directly to AMP. you can see in pics that cable was laid externally for testing and was'nt touching anything electrical.-- NO AVAIL

I'm happy to report that the service people have replaced HU under warranty. and hence buzzing is gone. thank you everyone.

Back