Bypassed Marantz Blueray player UD-7007 HDAM module in the DAC PCB

Hari Iyer

ICs being sensetive, and if are decided to be soldered. it would be safe to switch off soldering iron from mains when it reaches maximum temperature.
Imo, this is more of hype than substance though you should not be very stupid. I have removed and soldered many smd chips many times( at least 12 to 15 times) and till date have neither damaged track or the chip even after repeated soldering at the same place and same chips. It all depends on your soldering tool, solder quality and soldering skills. IME, my elder brother is an expert in these kind of soldering.

Hari Iyer

The LM4562 that I replaced in the Blueray player has a history. I had initially purchased this smd chip for replacing in my Pioneer DVD in 2008. It played well for 4 years. Later I replaced the same chip on my then Marantz 5400 cd player and it played well there too. Later I removed it from there and placed them on my pre- amplifier anit played wellll there for 2+ years. Now i replaced the same chip on my Marantz Blueray player. It's been with me now for 14+ years now.m..

Hari Iyer

After the successful modifications done on my Marantz blue-ray player 2 months ago, it was time to get the next level of improvement. I am planning to replace all the polyester capacitors (looks like cheap Chinese) used in the differential amplifier section and low pass filters after the DAC stages. I have ordered WIMA FKP type capacitors. For resistors all the carbon 5% resistors will be replaced with Intron - 1% Thin Film Resistors. There are a total of 20 capacitors and 28 resistors to replace and that means will require an extended weekend to do this activity.

FMs may be wondering why this mod - I have noticed that my Dell laptop which has a Lynx soundcard sounds quite transparent and open compared to my Marantz BR player. This intrigued me into going for this mod as the signal path in the Marantz gets corrupted by these cheap components imo. Lets see how this plays up. Am expecting to complete this by end of June as the capacitors needs to be imported and not locally available.

Thanks for looking.

Hari Iyer

Further modification please follow this link

Thanks.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers for just ₹77,000/Pair.