CA CXN v2 vs Bluesound Node 2i

Dear friends...Which one to choose? Bluesound Node (2021) or CXN V2? Please help...
Not quite comparable, the two. But your streaming choices can help you decide.

1. If Tidal is your primary source, and since Tidal Masters are in MQA, go for Node and not CXN - because the latter doesn’t have the necessary uncoder for MQA

2. If you play mostly FLAC and Hi-Res from other sources - streaming and/or drives, then if your budget allows, CXN is better sounding due to its more capable DAC and trumps the Node on connectivity and usage features.

3. If you already possess a capable external DAC (equivalent or better to the one in CXN) or intend buying one in the near future, then save spending that extra money on CXN and go for Node and bypass its DAC for the external one.

Not quite comparable, the two. But your streaming choices can help you decide.

1. If Tidal is your primary source, and since Tidal Masters are in MQA, go for Node and not CXN - because the latter doesn’t have the necessary uncoder for MQA

2. If you play mostly FLAC and Hi-Res from other sources - streaming and/or drives, then if your budget allows, CXN is better sounding due to its more capable DAC and trumps the Node on connectivity and usage features.

3. If you already possess a capable external DAC (equivalent or better to the one in CXN) or intend buying one in the near future, then save spending that extra money on CXN and go for Node and bypass its DAC for the external one.
Thank you Sachin:)

Personally, i think the differences in sound quality of 2 streamers is near-negligible (and the Node's DAC gets pretty good reviews as well) and my decision would be made based on the quality of the streaming app.

And in fact, that's exactly what i did and why i use BluOS streaming.

YMMV.

Personally, i think the differences in sound quality of 2 streamers is near-negligible (and the Node's DAC gets pretty good reviews as well) and my decision would be made based on the quality of the streaming app.

And in fact, that's exactly what i did and why i use BluOS streaming.

YMMV.
+1 to this. I'd go a step further to say differences between any competently built dac/streamer are near negligible with all else being equal. While the OP hasn't talked much about the rest of their chain I'd suggest save your hard earned cash and start with something like a Yamaha wxc 50 (or similar airplay/chromecast based) or a one-box solution like the Allo Boss 2 if you are adept at a bit of tinkering. Your speakers/placement/room have a far more meaningful impact on SQ vs looking for microscopic differences (if any) upstream. Just my humble $0.02

Hello folks,

i am taking baby steps into building my first hi-fi stereo setup. My primarily listening would be via Tidal. I have a FiiO M11 Pro which I use with my IEM and stream music with Tidal.

I auditioned CXN v2 and BlueSound Node 2i in different places with different amps and speakers so I don't have a basis to make a comparison. I don't plan to invest in an external DAC right away. So its going to be the streamer-> amp -> speakers.

Given this configuration, which streamer would be a better choice? My primary criteria is SQ, especially if I don't add an external DAC for the next couple of years. I am aware of the feature differences (bluetooth, MQA etc), price difference (nearly 2x) , usability differences of their apps etc.

Thanks!
+1 for Blusound Node 2
Reasons
It is one of the best streamers on the market becoz of the ease and brilliant UI of bluos.
DAC is not the best but upgrade options can always be be used by using an optical or with the Node 2 an usb out.
Plays MQA files
Has HDMI input!

Last edited by a moderator:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back