Cable gone short for projector ..from receiver

argentum246

Hello Experts,
A quick question :
I mounted the projector on ceiling and hooked it up with monoprice 25ft cable. But due to lots of indirect routes i fell short of 3ft to connect it to receiver. Now options that I have:

1) Get a female to female HDMI connector / female to male HDMI cable and then connect another cable (non monoprice) to the receiver.
Issue: not sure how well this second cable carries the signal back to receiver from projector > monoprice 25ft cable (this is direction sensitive. I have to connect source and tv to correct ends). Also every time i have to pull out / pull in this cable when i want to switch between projector and TV on Zone 1 due to 7.1 speakers working in zone 1. This would, in long run damage HDMI Port on receiver.

2) Get a HDMI Splitter of 1 input (on receiver side) and many outputs connecting to TV and receiver. This shall help to reduce physical plugging / unplugging contact with HDMI port on receiver
Issue: a. Same as point 1 above of physical connectivity.
b. Another remote. Already have 6.
c. Does all the extras on the paths / cables / device between monoprice cable from projector and receiver reduce signal quality and add delay?

Moving off receiver would cause disturbing connections to other speakers and non-aesthetic eyesore outside the TV Cabinet. and hence shall be last option that i would go for.

Any help / inputs is really appreciated. I have denon x6200 on one end and Benq HT 3050 on the other end.

Thanks

Hello Experts,
A quick question :
I mounted the projector on ceiling and hooked it up with monoprice 25ft cable. But due to lots of indirect routes i fell short of 3ft to connect it to receiver. Now options that I have:

2) Get a HDMI Splitter of 1 input (on receiver side) and many outputs connecting to TV and receiver. This shall help to reduce physical plugging / unplugging contact with HDMI port on receiver
Issue: a. Same as point 1 above of physical connectivity.
b. Another remote. Already have 6.
c. Does all the extras on the paths / cables / device between monoprice cable from projector and receiver reduce signal quality and add delay?

Thanks

Hi,

I would go with the spitter option. If you have only 1 HDMI out on the receiver, connect the splitter to the HDMI Out on the Receiver. One Out from Splitter going to TV and the other going to the Projector. This is how I am using and there is no remote involved. The receiver handles the Audio and only the Video is sent Simultaneously to all outputs on the splitter. So its your option to switch on the device you want to use. I see no degradation in quality with my own eyes.

MaSh

I agree. Now 2 questions:
Do u have model no of splitter as there are splitters that allow hdmi v1.3 and the other one allows latest with HDcp 2.2 . Some come with 4K capability n remote as well. Can u help me search the correct one that is not pricey as well.
Second, the cable from splitter to receiver should also be same as projector to splitter right ?

I agree. Now 2 questions:
Do u have model no of splitter as there are splitters that allow hdmi v1.3 and the other one allows latest with HDcp 2.2 . Some come with 4K capability n remote as well. Can u help me search the correct one that is not pricey as well.
Second, the cable from splitter to receiver should also be same as projector to splitter right ?

Hmm I can look up and see what model it is. I got it from Amazon India. Mine is hidden away somewhere at the back. Mine was not pricey at all, none of my equipment is or will ever be :).

My splitter is connected to the Receiver's HDMI Out, splitting the signal to TV and Projector. All sources go directly to the receiver's Inputs. I use a mix and match of HDMI cables, no two cables are of the same brand or model, maybe there are two blueriggers connected somewhere. Never had any issues with HDMI handshake.

MaSh

While further researching I found that a splitter can be bottle neck if you get the incorrect one esp when ur receiver works in hdmi 2.0 n 4K . None of units in amazon n Ebay support 4K. So I now have to check Aliexpress.

While further researching I found that a splitter can be bottle neck if you get the incorrect one esp when ur receiver works in hdmi 2.0 n 4K . None of units in amazon n Ebay support 4K. So I now have to check Aliexpress.

Apoloies for responding late. This is what I use WireTech 1X2 HDMI Splitter. I dont see 4k mentioned in its descrition. I did not need 4k, so did not bother with it. You may want to look at other models if 4K is required.

MaSh

Thanks MaSh and spirovious,
I need a splitter and not just the extender because though my receiver has 3 HDMI out but i can only use hdmi 1 to connect both TV and Projector, as HDMI 1 is in zone1 where all my speakers are connected. Also HDMI 1 is ARC enabled which i often use to get o/p from TV to speakers. If i want to watch TV or Proj. I have to unplug the cables manually now that is not good from h/w perspective.
So i am thinking for going for this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4K-...id=c78e7938-ab98-467a-85ff-6740a9709c9c&tpp=1

I have used that extender as manual splitter.l had kept one short hdmi cable at receivers video out end.So l used to connect mannually projector or tv.

Hello Forum Experts,

Have a quick question that is driving me nuts:

Objective: I have xbox connected to game HDMI input. How can i ensure that i get same audio output on HDMI1 (connected to TV) and HDMI 2 (connected to projector) . In other words. I have TV and Projector in same room. Some times I wish to use tv for the same source and sometimes use projector while getting the same sound from same source from all speakers in main zone. Is it possible?

I thought it is not so I got powered HDMI spliter (1 input 4 output) thinking it would support ARC as well (Darn it did not). So right now i have : HDMI spliter connected to HDMI1 out and o/p of spliter is connected to both TV and Projector. This works fine and i get audio , whether i am using TV or Projector, as long as xbox is my source that is directly connected to receiver.
Problem here is when i run STB. My STB is connected to TV (which does not have optical out!) directly so that i do not have to switch on HT for basic viewing. Now if i wish to use Hometheater for TV .. i have no choice as there is not optical out and the HDMI spliter (connected to HDMI1) does not support ARC. So i am left with only one choice connect optical o/p from STB to receiver OPT1. But still i get no sound.

If you are not so far confused.. please help.
fyi: receiver is denon x6200.

Last edited:
Hmmm that's quite a situation to be in. First you don't need to switch on your home theatre if you don't want it. Set the Pass Through in standby mode to the source you want. So in standby more, the video and audio will be passed on as is. This is how I have set it up . All my inputs go into the receiver.

Second, to club two inputs you need to set it up in the input configuration map. Here it will be like a table with each record for the input. So for example you source CBL/TV has HDMI and an optical input. Then in the table select the HDMI port number under HDMI column and under the optical column, select the optical port number being used. This will map the two and should work. Similar thing can be done with analogue audio input too, in case you want to use an external dac. This is what I had done when I was using a dac with the Raspberry Pi connected via HDMI.

MaSh

Thanks Mash .. is there a way i can call you ? can you PM me ur number. That might help me to cleanly explain and get better point of view.

For total futureproofing, the splitter must support HDMI2.0, HDCP 2.2 and 4:4:4 60Hz. Monoprice has 1x2 splitters from $5 to $65 covering all the possibilities. I have just ordered this:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21612

Shankar

I have asked Monoprice
It does not. And if you are too trying to do the same .. then you shall also get into same trouble. There are splitters available that support ARC and are indeed costly. The issue that i am facing .. i am sure it must be very common but wondering how come there are no online solutions around.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back