Cable Management : Suggestions Required..

drkrack

My HT room especially the place where devices are kept looks quite messy with lots of cables running all around in a haphazard way. Even though the devices themselves may have an aesthetic appeal, the cables generally spoil it. The AVR with its multiple inputs from HDMI connectors and 5.1/7.1 speaker cables, A stereo setup with separates and power cables for every device makes things quite messy

Any FMs using cable managers or other cable management strategies or Cable management tips & tricks, kindly share here for everyone's benefit. I'm attaching the picture of cables area near back of AVR

IMG_20180728_1973.jpg

My HT room especially the place where devices are kept looks quite messy with lots of cables running all around in a haphazard way. Even though the devices themselves may have an aesthetic appeal, the cables generally spoil it. The AVR with its multiple inputs from HDMI connectors and 5.1/7.1 speaker cables, A stereo setup with separates and power cables for every device makes things quite messy

Any FMs using cable managers or other cable management strategies or Cable management tips & tricks, kindly share here for everyone's benefit. I'm attaching the picture of cables area near back of AVR

I was using two of MX cable organiser.. Abt Rs 500 per piece.. Can hold few cables.. Depends on the diameter of MX pipe..

Buy 2 (or) more of them to separate speaker cables & HDMI cables.. aval on amazn.in - https://www.amazon.in/Skin4gadgets-...scsubtag=398cd684-8c89-4140-bbe4-7e712f7196e3

51To00MdkEL.jpg

I was using two of MX cable organiser.. Abt Rs 500 per piece.. Can hold few cables.. Depends on the diameter of MX pipe..

Buy 2 (or) more of them to separate speaker cables & HDMI cables.. aval on amazn.in - https://www.amazon.in/Skin4gadgets-...scsubtag=398cd684-8c89-4140-bbe4-7e712f7196e3

51To00MdkEL.jpg
I've used it earlier for computer wires, should not be a problem with speaker wires, left and right can be easily separated from other cables.

Do these work for power cable and hdmi cables? The size seems inadequate. And effects of clubbing interconnect /speaker cables with power cables?

You can insert cables without worrying about termination plug size
Doesn't this act just as a place holder for cables, the mess will still be visible I think..

Any ideas or experience about using these? Availability in India?
https://www.amazon.com/InstallerParts-Cable-Management-Organizer-Cover/dp/B01DEX5X42

Some good tips here..
https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/lifehacker.com/5915074/get-your-cables-under-control-this-weekend/amp

You also get Velcro based sleeves which are a meter long with inbuilt holes to branch out wires. Have used 2 of them for my tempered glass pc builds. Are better than the spiral and tubular MX solutions.

But I thought clumping all wire's together was a no no. Or is that too much?

Do these work for power cable and hdmi cables? The size seems inadequate. And effects of clubbing interconnect /speaker cables with power cables?

Yes.. I had squeezed all the cables (Speaker cables, HDMI cables, power cables & subwoofer LFE cables) on either sides of my AVR.. I did that because, it is a living room and i couldn't have too many tubes in my room.. Didn't face any issues..

However, if you don't mind 4 of these flexible tubular pipes, than best to group the speaker wires, HDMI & power cables separately..

Not sure if MX has this speaker gang box.. If so it should be one time effort for fixing the speaker terminals only.. May be you would need two of those (additional for height terminals)..

51G5YwKEc%2BL._US500_.jpg

when routing cables - its better to keep the power cables separate from the signal cables - so i have read elsewhere..

hello doc @drkrack! hope you are hale-'n-hearty and doing well. :)

I've used several such cable management implements in the past, but unfortunately found none to be a work-for-all solution for my use. I then sold off most of them. now I use a combo of long velcro sleeves, twist ties & such.

You also get Velcro based sleeves which are a meter long with inbuilt holes to branch out wires. Have used 2 of them for my tempered glass pc builds. Are better than the spiral and tubular MX solutions.

agreed. could you pls post a link of such perforated sleeves?

Cable ties are another excellent option. Possibly better than the others.
They come in various sizes.
https://www.amazon.in/500mm-Self-Locking-Nylon-Cable/dp/B01C88TKBG

black ones would look better. infact, the 'looks' would be hidden. black ties would gel well with black wires and wont be easily visible. :)

but IMO, twist ties are better (size no issue, and reusable anytime for any use). I use these two:

MX Twister

Twist Lock Ties

But I thought clumping all wire's together was a no no. Or is that too much?
Exactly my concern, I'm going to keep the power, hdmi or digital cable and speakers cable in separate sleeve just to avoid issues.
I can't do anything with RCA cables I think.
but IMO, twist ties are better (size no issue, and reusable anytime for any use). I use these two:

MX Twister

Twist Lock Ties
I use black cable ties for keeping the rca cables together, but it becomes a bit inconvenient to Remove when not required. I have seen the twisted ones, but wasn't sure of its effectiveness, but I'll try few of them.

My idea was to hide the wires if possible, inspite of everything they'll be visible in this case.

I mainly use cable ties similar to this for grouping cables that goes left-right and center (my AVR and players positioned center of screen on a tv unit) and use this tidy up bin to keep all power sockets and extra portion of the cables inside this. You can come up with some DIY bins for the same.

another such, but with slots too on the lid - https://amzn.to/2vNnH4G

...and use this tidy up bin to keep all power sockets and extra portion of the cables inside this. You can come up with some DIY bins for the same.

just an update - I had bought the one quoted above as well as the one having slots. both work well. but would be putting up the 'tidy up bin' for sale soon here, as its not reqd anymore.

Back