Cable Management : Suggestions Required..

How do you guys manage to get the speaker cables off the floor? Any ideas?

How do you guys manage to get the speaker cables off the floor? Any ideas?
I've seen that in lot many expensive setups, again on asking the advantage, seems to be a stereotypical answer - bass will be more tight, instrument separations are better etc...

Anything from bamboo stick tripods to, DIY plywood pyramids have been tried with mixed results. The professional ones look quite classy and are expensive as well. One of the easiest & inexpensive ways to see whether it makes a difference in your setup before investing is, by using 2 Styrofoam Tea cups upside down, with base of the top cup cut to suit the width of your speaker cables. (I did try it but I didn't make out a difference FYI.) if it makes a difference, its definitely worth to invest; as it'll be a one time investment.

If you have a concrete floor, raising the speaker cables is not crucial. Abroad, many raise it because they have wooden floors, where vibrations get transmitted and hence feel the need to lift the speaker cables off the ground.

I prefer mine on the ground. I have tried several branded cable lifters but have always preferred the cables to be on ground. Sounds more natural IMO

If you wish to lift them, get some Jenga blocks which kids play with. Use these blocks to raise the cables off the floor. And see if you like them. These blocks you can get at a toy store

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back