Cadence VA1 amplifier

Are you planning to get it from the factory? They’ve stopped the regular production line, but will make individual units on order.
Make sure that your speakers are at least 86 dB sensitive, preferably more, at 8 ohms, to sound reasonably loud given the 36 wpc output.
I’ve been using mine since 2003 (paired with Cadence Avita’s), and it’s utterly superlative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you planning to get it from the factory? They’ve stopped the regular production line, but will make individual units on order.

Have they closed the Cadence line? Or is it made to order only now?
I don't see any of their products on their website.

Have they closed the Cadence line? Or is it made to order only now?
I don't see any of their products on their website.

For all practical purposes the brand is being phased out. The two amps ( VA 1 and Canasya) will continue to be made, but only on order. The speaker line will no longer be made, though they will do replacements of the film on the 'stat panels as per orders. Repairs to the amps and speakers will continue to be done, tho' for how long is anybody's guess.

Ajay Shirke seems to be concentrating on his acquired brands: Spendor, Siltech, SME and Garrard (a reissue of the 301 is in the works). Plus his Audio Salon line of stores selling Nagra and YG Acoustics among others.

Thanks for the info. Yes with a lineup like that it's perfectly understandable.
However, sorry to see an Indian brand go away with time.

I wish there would be more support from audio enthusiasts towards Indian brands.

I saw Canasya amp displayed in their Audio Lounge showroom in Pune. Didn't see VA-1, though.

Visited factory for the repairs of Arista Electrostatic Panel.
There were lot of speaker cabinates and they gave excellent service
BUT
Nothing new was in production.
Only 3 people are working in the factory.
felt sorry for the brand.

Make sure that your speakers are at least 86 dB sensitive, preferably more, at 8 ohms, to sound reasonably loud given the 36 wpc output.
I’ve been using mine since 2003 (paired with Cadence Avita’s), and it’s utterly superlative.
Hi..whats the dimensions of the VA-1 ..esp the base? What type of stand are you uding for such a heavy amp?

For all practical purposes the brand is being phased out. The two amps ( VA 1 and Canasya) will continue to be made, but only on order. The speaker line will no longer be made, though they will do replacements of the film on the 'stat panels as per orders. Repairs to the amps and speakers will continue to be done, tho' for how long is anybody's guess.

Ajay Shirke seems to be concentrating on his acquired brands: Spendor, Siltech, SME and Garrard (a reissue of the 301 is in the works). Plus his Audio Salon line of stores selling Nagra and YG Acoustics among others.
cadence has a very interestng web site..... check it out

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back