Can i use local 3-way speaker columns with my Yamaha Yht-196

kyahaiyaar

Hello Friends,

I have YAMAHA YHT-196, I love it. I have been usimg stock speakers with it. I want to use a 3-way speaker columns for my front left and right channel, my query is, since I am low on budget and cant afford branded 3-way speakers, can I use the local indian 3-way speakers i.e. from the local indian manufacturers like Thukral, OMEGA, Birco etc.

If so, what specs should I keep in mind while buying them. also, let me know if it will be a fruitful decision.

Regards,
KYAHAIYAAR
Karan :)

Hi,

You can use any speakers irrespective of brand provided the impedance, sensitivity and output (rms) is factored to compliment with the avr..

Check all the wires and crossover before connecting the local speakers...you would not want your avr to go kapute!

Hi,

You can use any speakers irrespective of brand provided the impedance, sensitivity and output (rms) is factored to compliment with the avr..

Check all the wires and crossover before connecting the local speakers...you would not want your avr to go kapute!

how can I check the impedance, sensitivity and output (rms) of local speaker...

The above speakers are 4 ohms impedance, YHT 196 supports speakers of 6ohms and above, else the AVR may get overheated.

My 2 cents.

Regards,
Rajiv

Rajiv sir,

I am from delhi and will be going to lajpat rai market, chandni chownk to procure these speaker columns. Do you know any specific shop or local brand I should go for...or guide me..how should I buy the correct speakers for my system.

Regards,
Karan

Those speakers are 4 ohms , 84 dB , do not use them with your AV. Your Yamaha will die an early unnatural death. Secondly Rs 12500 for a 4 inch single driver speaker!!!! It's too expensive!! For that money you get Sonodyne QAccoustic Polk Cambridge etc etc......

Those speakers are 4 ohms , 84 dB , do not use them with your AV. Your Yamaha will die an early unnatural death. Secondly Rs 12500 for a 4 inch single driver speaker!!!! It's too expensive!! For that money you get Sonodyne QAccoustic Polk Cambridge etc etc......

my budget is max 5k ...so I wont be buying them anyways:p

multimeter at the input terminals may not be sufficient - it will detect only the DC resistance.

if you have a 4 ohm tweeter with a cap in series, the multi meter will not detect.
Best is to ask the speaker seller to remove the drivers and confirm that they are 8 ohms - its a simple job - all you need is a screwdriver

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back