can we get speakers for dolby Atmos in India??

idlefriend

Hi Experts.I have to know about availability of speakers which are enabled Dolby Atmos and I heard that Onkyo and Yamaha are selling receivers which are Dolby Atmos enabled.what is the cost of those receivers and which is the best among them??Please suggest me.

Hi Experts.I have to know about availability of speakers which are enabled Dolby Atmos and I heard that Onkyo and Yamaha are selling receivers which are Dolby Atmos enabled.what is the cost of those receivers and which is the best among them??Please suggest me.

Pionner AJ series of speakers are Dolby Atmos enabled... Not sure if we have them in India.. Check with a Pioneer dealer in your town abt aval...

Alternatively, if you don't find Dolby Atmos speakers, you can look for good satellite speakers and considering mounting them on your ceiling...

Almost all manufacturers have Dolby Atmos AVR's in their product line-up.. They feature in Midrange to Hi-end AVR's... Expect pricing to be close to 60K...

There is nothing like best among these receivers, each amp has their own characteristics, audition them and pick the one which best fits your ears.

Get an inwall

Mount on ceiling

Connect to atoms enabled receiver

You have a Dolby atoms speaker

I have to know about availability of speakers which are enabled Dolby Atmos and I heard that Onkyo and Yamaha are selling receivers which are Dolby Atmos enabled.
Atmos enabled speaker made by Onkyo are probably the least expensive up-firing modules you can buy. ALL Atmos enabled speakers contain a filter in the crossover that gives the impression of sound coming from above you (the notch in the diagram below) and suppresses the impression of sound at ear level (the two peaks in the graph below).

The Onkyo up-firing modules can be placed on top of your L/R speakers, and the combination of the filter above and the reflection off the ceiling will give you the height effect. I don't think it's as good as speakers mounted above you, but not everyone is willing to make holes in the ceiling, so for them this is a pretty good alternative (it works).

Now I am using wharfedale DX 1 5.1 system.Can I take t addition speakers and make Dolby Atmos proper system??Please give the thought about this.

Now I am using wharfedale DX 1 5.1 system.Can I take t addition speakers and make Dolby Atmos proper system??Please give the thought about this.

If you can get hold of an other Wharfedale DX 5.1 system and plan for a 5.2.4 Atmos setup, would be great... Else try to get the same sateliite speakers (4 Nos) of Wharfedale DX1 series from the same dealer where you bought it..

The reason for the above suggestion is that all speakers would be timbre matched including subwoofer :eek:hyeah:

If you are really serious about Atmos then don't ever do upfiring speakers. Go only for ceiling mounted speakers

Hi Friend,

I searched for some atmos speakers last month and finally got a quote from Onkyo (through their facebook account) on their SKH-410 as MSRP 19.5k. The final quote from the dealer was 17k. These speakers can be used in an up-firing setup as well as can be wall mounted.

Finally for my atmos setup, I got normal Onkyo surround speakers and mounted on to the wall (near the ceiling) pointing to the listening position. Somewhere I read that this will not give the optimal immersive experience and it is always recommended to use ceiling mounted speakers.

But I am more than happy with the current setup, may be down the line I can upgrade to a ceiling mount (unlikely).

Till that day, I am very very happy with the current setup and experience :yahoo:.

Dear FMs,
Please share your experience of Dolby Atmos using ceiling speakers .Whichceiling speakers will be good?
Currently I'm using Dali Zensor speakers for 5.1 surround and for the heights I'm using the Denon atellite speakers. I'm planning to upgrade for ceiling speakers to fully utilise the atmos with Denon X2200.
Recently I have seen Stone water ceiling speakers in Vipul audio(Price approx. 9k per pair) .No chance to demo the same. Is this Stone water ceiling speakers are good enough? any body in our forum have used it.If so please share the performance.
My room is not having False ceiling ,so for mounting ceiling speakers a wooden cabinet need to be made for it for installation.
I'm in dilemma which one to gio

There is Dali phantom ceiling speakers which will be around approx. 20 to 25k per pair. Please suggest some good ceiling speakers .My setup would be 5.1.2 after installation.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back