Car Audio= Budget 20K

Gurudristi

Hi guys,

Am looking for a good car audio ( budget 20K) suitable for Tata Safari ?

Am thinking of a

Pioneer HU + JBL amp
with 4 speakers ( 2 front door + 2 rear door) and a Sub woofer on the rear door.

Any help. + please do suggest other combination within above budget.
Also looing for a good assembler in Mumbai..
Tks

setup seems reasonable and well planned

however you will in all probability overshoot your budget

Pioneer entry level with USB and 4 pre outs HU 4050 or above (5k min - grey)
JBL fronts get the GTo series if you wanna amlify them GTO 6 inch rounds - i think 3.5k grey

JBL rear ovals GTO or GT5 series about 3.5k grey -

A JBL GT5 12 inch sub 4k-grey mrket

enclosure for the sub- a good one costs about 2k a cheap one can cost 900rs

A JBL amp 4 channels minumum reqd for that sub is 150rms hence you need a 4 channel JBL amp with 60rms / channel

i think that would be about 6k in grey

Amp wiring use finolex for power and decent speaker wire ( no cheap BOSS chinese kit)
should cost about 2k easily

use MX digital RCA (2pair) for connection from HU to amp - about 800-900rs
there are better ones but youre on a budget right?

install 1k

all prices are grey market values
bill and warranty safely multiply by 1.5-1.75

JBL fronts get the GTo series if you wanna amlify them GTO 6 inch rounds - i think 3.5k grey

A JBL amp 4 channels minumum reqd for that sub is 150rms hence you need a 4 channel JBL amp with 60rms / channel

Amp wiring use finolex for power and decent speaker wire ( no cheap BOSS chinese kit)

install 1k

Magma's got all bases covered!:D
I would suggest you try out Polk audio ovals speakers too.
However I do feel it will cost atleast 25k for your required set up.

install 1k

Thanks a lot for the directions:
I am looking at :

Pioneer DEH 3190 UB ( around 9K)
Pioneer DEH 4190 UB

JBL GTO 6" speakers on the doors (4 speakers) Rs 3500 pair = 7K

Cant' decide on the sub... few choices:

Boston 2Ch Amp plus 12" speaker = around 9K
or
Alpine SWE 1000 ( active 150W 8") = Around 13.5K

You are so right, the budget is getting stretched to 25 ~ 29K:sad:

Views and suggestions please

It is very difficult to rig a system within 20K & have it sound good in a TATA Safari.

You will have to push for 30K minimum for a really nice sounding rig.

My car stereo rig looks like this & I did not go through a single review anywhere for this install. The sound is fantastic.

Head Unit Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 Rs. 9000
Amplifier Blaupunkt Velocity VA475 Rs. 14000
Rear Speakers : Blaupunkt Velocity VX692 (Comes with a cross over network) Rs. 7000
Front Speakers : Blaupunkt (Don't know the series & it was already installed in the car). I recommend Blaupunkt Velocity VX662.
Sub Woofer : Blaupunkt Velocity VW800 Rs. 6000
Cables : BOSS @ Rs. 1400. I plan to replace with better cables for safety sake; not sound quality. JBL Cable kit sells for Rs. 2400 and is worth but would not suit my car as the cable wells were too narrow to accommodate the thick JBL OFC cables.

The head unit is a beauty & I will highly recommend even if you intend to pair it with other brand of equipment. The quality of sound is simply stunning. The options for customizing the sound is something I have not found on any head unit at the same price. Integrates with iPod, USB, front AUX input via stereo mini jack, Sub Pre Out, Pre Out for 4 speakers, & Bluetooth handsfree for telephone calls only.

The amplifier is scary for the pricing but is an excellent product. There are loads you can do for adjusting the sound parameters & you don't need a flat head screw driver as every adjustment comes with a tiny volume like knob. Has Gold Plated Terminals.

The rear speakers I have used is the best i have ever come across. It can do fantastic bass once paired with a capable amplifier. I never really needed a sub as the rear speakers were so good but the subs just there for that wee bit of extra bass for some music genres.

The sub I have used is small but works well for me. I am not a fan of stomach hitting bass & it does its job well. You might need a 10' sub as a minimum for the internal volume of your car. The sub sits in a sealed enclosure in the boot and runs a bridged connection from the amplifier.

All the above in installed in a Ford Ikon CLXi 1.6 & I am a hard core Blaupunkt fan

Last edited:
It is very difficult to rig a system within 20K & have it sound good in a TATA Safari.

You will have to push for 30K minimum for a really nice sounding rig.

Sub Woofer : Blaupunkt Velocity VW800 Rs. 6000

The options for customizing the sound is something I have not found on any head unit at the same price. Integrates with iPod, USB, front AUX input via stereo mini jack, Sub Pre Out, Pre Out for 4 speakers, & Bluetooth handsfree for telephone calls only.

The sub I have used is small but works well for me. I am not a fan of stomach hitting bass & it does its job well. You might need a 10' sub as a minimum for the internal volume of your car. The sub sits in a sealed enclosure in the boot and runs a bridged connection from the amplifier.

All the above in installed in a Ford Ikon CLXi 1.6 & I am a hard core Blaupunkt fan

Great ...you have a very interesting set up. and Yes... I will have to increase my budget to about 25K to fit in the sub.:sad:

We , till now I have got the following fitted:

HU : Pioneer DEH 4190 SD. Come with all the goodies like SD cards, USD, Aux in, two RCA pre outs, woofer control etc. - Rs 7,700/= grey
Front Door : JBL 2-way components GTO 608C. Excellent speakers with seperate cross over. - Rs 6000/=
Rear Door : JBL GTO 627 - Rs 3500/=

The above sound pretty good in the Safari. But lack the bass and therefore want to buy a nice sleek Powered(Active sub) which probably I can keep it in the rear without too much obstruction.-------------Suggestions please for the sub Leaning towards JBL tube..:)

Last edited:
the JBL active sub tube is value for money
see if you can pic it up in grey
should be about 8-9k

if youve got more money then you can explore getting a powerful 4 channel and and seperate subwoofer
that way you can feed two channles to the GTO componets and bridge the other two to feed your sub
but such an amp would probably cost you 10-12k and the seperate sub would be about 6k with the enclosure

P.S you could have saved some money and got the older series HU'd from pioneer
the 4050 if you didnt want all the fancy SD card etc etc which i find useless anyway

@sandeep mohan
if you are talking about the factory supplied speakers in your car
they are NOT the velocity series
the are the olf th series
i would really advice you to upgrade them and then amplify them

Last edited:
the JBL active sub tube is value for money
see if you can pic it up in grey
should be about 8-9k
Are you referring to 10" or 12 " one.... But I presume the size is quite large.

if youve got more money then you can explore getting a powerful 4 channel and and seperate subwoofer
that way you can feed two channles to the GTO componets and bridge the other two to feed your sub
but such an amp would probably cost you 10-12k and the seperate sub would be about 6k with the enclosure

What will I do with my Rear door speakers?? :) The HU has a two preouts and I can buy a mono or a stereo amp to drive a passive sub.
But this solutions looks more expensive... What do say about Alpine SWE 1000 powered sub???:licklips:
P.S you could have saved some money and got the older series HU'd from pioneer
the 4050 if you didnt want all the fancy SD card etc etc which i find useless anyway
Actually, I also thought the same way.....:eek:
but after I put in a 8 gb sd card, I realise that I donot require any other cd /usbetcetc and 8gb of music is more than sufficient...( you can go upto 16gb sd card):clapping:

your rear speakers can be connected directly to the HU
they need not be amplified

you have 2 pre outs so you need one for the sub and the other for the fronts
also with 4 channles of amplification you need two for the fronts and two for the sub

if you really do have a large budget then get a 4 chanle amp
power all 4 speakers off it
then get a powered bass tube
(Though i dont recomment powered bass tubes)

though powerwise the 10incher shouldbe selected ( considring you have 150rms on the tap) get the 12 inch JBL bass tube simply because its more VFM

the older model pioneer HUs would also play the 8GB pendrive at least im pretty sure the 4090 does

Actually, I have already set up the speakers and the HU. I agree pendrives can be used, :) but with an sd card, you don't have anything sticking out of your HU, and there is a lot more which you store on an 8GB or even 16 gb sd card.:p

The current setup sounds pretty good, but lacks a bit of bass, which I would like to fill up with a powered sleek subwoofer, which can be fitted neatly somewhere. I have seen an Alpine SWE 1000 which looks very very sleek and give out clean bass- costs around 13.5K.
Any other powered subs which can recommended. The JBL tubes are quite huge.:sad:

i dont think JBL sells powered tubes here in Inida
at lesat not offically

the Alpine is a good choice in this circumstance

i dont think JBL sells powered tubes here in Inida
at lesat not offically

the Alpine is a good choice in this circumstance

Any idea whether Bose sells subwoofers in India... They are champions of small size...isn't it?

IMO

Alpine/Kenwood/Blaupunkt HU 7-8k

Spend an additional 15k or so

Either two super speakers, Hertz HDK 165 or Boston Acoustics or above, about 10k
+
Hertz 12" sub woofer about 5k

OR

Hertz ESK 165 or above, about 6k
Hertz 4" 3k
Hertz 12" sub 5k

Within about 22k you will have a setup at least twice as good as what you had planned. :)

My final short list for the active sleek subwoofer is :

Alpine SWE 1000 ( 150W 8 " powered sub = Rs 13.5 K) and the other one is Blaupunkt (THB 200A, 140W, 8" powered sub = Rs 10K).

Need to decide between the two ? Help!

Hi,

I am planning to put audio system in my Ritz Car.
Please suggest good configuration for 15000 budget.
I need HU, Front door speaker and Ovel speakers to put in back side of car.
please mention Model number also.
Thanks.

Last edited:
topgun,the budget is a little restrictive but am sure something can be put together :).do go thru the car audio threads,am sure ul find ur answers.specificities can be discussed once u have narrowed down choices.happy hunting.cheers

to the ritz owner
if you study this thread you should get all your answeres for a 15k system

am 8" sub in a safari is an absolute no no, unless driven by a very brawny amp. I friend has a jbl 10" driven by a pioneer mono, and it sounds quite insignificant. we had to turn the gains all the way up to make its prescence felt. If you are getting a sub for a safari, get something worthwhile

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back