Car Door Damping in Bangalore

GeorgeB

Hi FM's, Please let me know the different type/quality of door damping and an approximate cost.,
I, stay in Cambridge layout and work in Jayanagar. It will be helpful if you can recommend a good place (Other than EVO in Cambridge layout).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Geo

Hi FM's, Please let me know the different type/quality of door damping and an approximate cost.,
I, stay in Cambridge layout and work in Jayanagar. It will be helpful if you can recommend a good place (Other than EVO in Cambridge layout).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Geo
There is a guy by name "Satya" who runs his IEC service within your Cambridge layout area. Check the team-bhp site for his contact details.

Try AutoPlanet (Behind Koramangala BDA complex)
Thanks Sydney, will check this

There is a guy by name "Satya" who runs his IEC service within your Cambridge layout area. Check the team-bhp site for his contact details.
Hi Manniraj, yes he runs EVO, not sure if I want to go there. Thanks for your suggestion. Any idea about the cost involved?

I got creta damping done for 10k+(have to cehck if incl tax) 3 months ago

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried all these options

Topgear koramangala -> price on higher side
Glamour car accessories -> He used some brand, holds good and pocket friendly
Online purchase -> DIY, best option

I used dampmat plus for my car before upgrading the ICE... very good results... doors feel solid and heavy with significant reduction in outside noise

I had done damping for my Santro some 5-6 years back from a car Installer named Shakir. He did a very good job. His number is 09849587861. His shop is in Khairatabad, near Shaadan college.
Sachin

checkout dampmat damping sheets, one of the best heavy gauge sheets around .

look for good installer in your area who can paste it for you nicely.

Try AutoPlanet (Behind Koramangala BDA complex)
+1 for Audioplanet. I got mine done by them. Good clean workmanship, slightly more expensive than other places. They stock and use good quality materials and equipment. but the results were worth it.

checkout dampmat damping sheets, one of the best heavy gauge sheets around .

look for good installer in your area who can paste it for you nicely.
Hi there. I have searching to purchase them. Seems like they are available through dealers only.

@gilfredpaul I am interested in getting my car's doors damped as DIY project. :) Are there any wholesalers in Banglore from where you have purchased? Or you have purchased them online?

Thanks.
If one has the time(especially during these lock down/pandemic times) can do a DIY as I did on my Creta.

During the speakers installation I did not opt for any professional damping and put it off for later. (as you can see from the pics)
During the lock down I happened to come across this reasonably good damping material available at a reasonable price (through social media). I took a chance by ordering it online and waited with albeit baited breath till it arrived (this was first of a kind purchase I had done through Instagram). But the seller @vibrofiltr_india was very prompt in responding and shipping the product. I procured 15 sheets at about 10.5k including shipping. The thickness was 1.8mm.

All you need are simple tools and time and love for the car to get it done yourself. Adding a few pics I took during the process.

Tools.jpg
Forgot to include paper/sheet cutter in the pick.

Front Before.jpg
Front Door - Before

Fronth Inside Layer.jpg
Front inner layer

Fronth Final.jpg
Front - Done

Rear Before.jpg
Rear - Before

Rear Inside layer.jpg
Rear - Inner Done

Rear Final.jpg
Rear - Done

Do remember to use a rubbing alcohol to clean the surface before pasting the damping sheets.

After this, there is a considerable reduction of road noise in the cabin, remarkable improvement in sound quality and doors feel solid.
All in all, very satisfied with the time, effort and money spent.

If one has the time(especially during these lock down/pandemic times) can do a DIY as I did on my Creta.

During the speakers installation I did not opt for any professional damping and put it off for later. (as you can see from the pics)
During the lock down I happened to come across this reasonably good damping material available at a reasonable price (through social media). I took a chance by ordering it online and waited with albeit baited breath till it arrived (this was first of a kind purchase I had done through Instagram). But the seller @vibrofiltr_india was very prompt in responding and shipping the product. I procured 15 sheets at about 10.5k including shipping. The thickness was 1.8mm.

All you need are simple tools and time and love for the car to get it done yourself. Adding a few pics I took during the process.

View attachment 56492

View attachment 56493
Front Door - Before

View attachment 56494
Front inner layer

View attachment 56495
Front - Done

View attachment 56496
Rear - Before

View attachment 56497
Rear - Inner Done

View attachment 56498
Rear - Done

Do remember to use a rubbing alcohol to clean the surface before pasting the damping sheets.

After this, there is a considerable reduction of road noise in the cabin, remarkable improvement in sound quality and doors feel solid.
Lovely workmanship @uchil !!!!
Having a quiet cabin is such a luxury even without music.
It also is a great foundation for building a nice audio setup.
Congratulations!

View attachment 56492

View attachment 56493
Front Door - Before

View attachment 56494
Front inner layer

View attachment 56495
Front - Done

View attachment 56496
Rear - Before

View attachment 56497
Rear - Inner Done

View attachment 56498
Rear - Done

price seems really good .

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back