Car India Magazine: Car Audio Specials

Ajay Kamath

Hi friends,

Since the August issue of Car Magazine (which was incidentally also their 1st anniversary in India), a new section devoted to car audio has been incorporated.

I am writing this special column every month for them as a contributing writer. The article features general car audio information, product reviews and a small Q&A section.

Hope members of this forum also would take the opportunity to read the same (and possibly benefit from it :) )

Best Regards,

Ajay Kamath

Congratulations Ajay Kamath! Will be looking forward to reading your articles in the Car Magazine.

Would also appreciate if you could provide us some articles and reviews of car audio systems in this forum.

Thanks.

Hey Ajay...

Thats good news. The car audio industry could do with some good articles in the media. Rather than the crap thats usually reported by journos who have no idea what they're writing about.

Will definitely get a copy. Is this a monthly feature?

Hey Ajay...

Thats good news. The car audio industry could do with some good articles in the media. Rather than the crap thats usually reported by journos who have no idea what they're writing about.

Will definitely get a copy. Is this a monthly feature?

Oh yeah, there you are.

And I was looking all over the other thread for you, and wondering whether I need glasses :)

Anyway, yeah it's a monthly thingy. Some information, product reviews, and other car audio masala. You know what I'm talking about.

Last bntl, welcome to HifiVision.

Cheers,

Ajay

Hi! Ajay,
Just got the new CAR Mag, great write-up from ur side. Hope they increase it to more than two pages. Keep up the good work.
Rgds

Prithvi

Hi Ajay

Congrats on the CAR INDIA MAGAZINE write up would be read it soon as I have to buy the magazine....

Raghvinder (aka . LBM)

Ajay,

Reviewing Car audio is very very difficult, I presume. Since acoustic space is too small. and varied. Speakers are kept in every available position. what you here is in not music but boom.
I think Audiophile and car audio doesn't exist at all. because it defy all the placement rule of speakers.

usually listening test is done in open hall. Same speakers are put in variety of ways in car viz. box, plank, on door, with covers, loose fittings ete. It is totally un-acoustic.

People (99.9%) think system which delivers more boom is excellent.music quality or natural is not the measure. More is you cant sell or upgrade once fitted. there is no absolute listening test/ comparative test keeping the end use/placement in mind.

For some, more expensive is more better quality.

Totally car audio is not as matured as Home stereo audio.

ash

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back