• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Carbon Brushes

Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series

SanjayM

Hello All,
What are your experience regarding the use of carbon brushes in context of reducing or eliminating surface noise (pops and cracks noise) which may persist after thoroughly cleaning records. Which brand do you prefer?

peace_sells

Hello All,
What are your experience regarding the use of carbon brushes in context of reducing or eliminating surface noise (pops and cracks noise) which may persist after thoroughly cleaning records. Which brand do you prefer?

I find it very useful. Especially for brand new records which have a lot of paper dust particles on the record surface. It also helps to get rid of dust particles accumulated on those used/2nd hand LPs that you might buy from a record store (those records accumulate a lot of dust!). The pops and clicks reduce a lot, plus it reduces a lot of damage to your stylus. Although it doesn't help with dust embedded deep in the grooves.

This is what I use:

D

Deleted member 38504

I have ordered a audioquest brush and a pro-ject stylus cleaner.

Will give feedback in a month when I get it.

sunder

Is micro fibre cloth better than the carbon brush? Fine grade of micro fibre cloth will sweep the deeply lodged dust?

sachu888

Is micro fibre cloth better than the carbon brush? Fine grade of micro fibre cloth will sweep the deeply lodged dust?

Carbon brush are better for removing fine dust just before playing. I use micro fiber cloth in wet cleaning(soaking).

Regards
Sachin

kuruvilajacob

For best results, the carbon brush should not touch the surface of the record. It should be held 1 or 2 mm above the surface for the dust to adhere to the brush. Also, buy the type of brush which can be rotated upwards to remove the dust on the bristles.

SanjayM

For best results, the carbon brush should not touch the surface of the record. It should be held 1 or 2 mm above the surface for the dust to adhere to the brush. Also, buy the type of brush which can be rotated upwards to remove the dust on the bristles.
Which brand you would suggest for such feature?