cart upgrade on project rpm4

myriad

Hello folks,
i feel vinyl upgrade is biting me too:)
i have a Project RPM4 with Sumiko Pearl cart. I want to upgrade the cart at the moment, preferably, Sumiko Blue Point 2 or AT OT9 MLII.
Regards
Vasu

myriad,

would second the blue point no 2. lovely cart! ought to be a good jump from the pearl. high output so can use it with your mm input.

regards

hi Myriad!

The Sumiko is indeed a good cartridge. The Project turntables comes with Ortofons usually unless specifically asked for something else. We have sold a Project Perspective 2 turntables with the Sumiko Bluepoint 2. they are very good but not as warm as the Ortofons. But this probably would'nt be a problem for you since you are already using a Sumiko.

regards,
Abhishek

haha, i guess one of the culprit for this contagious infection on forum these days is ... Shaizada!

To a major extent :)

myriad,

would second the blue point no 2. lovely cart! ought to be a good jump from the pearl. high output so can use it with your mm input.

regards

Thanks. A good suggestion.
I see Sumiko is more compliant than AT on Project 9 arm.

hi Myriad!

The Sumiko is indeed a good cartridge. The Project turntables comes with Ortofons usually unless specifically asked for something else. We have sold a Project Perspective 2 turntables with the Sumiko Bluepoint 2. they are very good but not as warm as the Ortofons. But this probably would'nt be a problem for you since you are already using a Sumiko.

regards,
Abhishek

Is there anyone who deals in Sumiko carts in the country?

Hi Vasu,
as per Steven nova audio mumbai deals in Sumiko cartridges. Which phono stage you are planning to use? I guess matching the cartridge with the phono stage is most important. The other issue to check is if your counterweight can balance this cartridge. Otherwise it is better to look for the cartridge and counterweight together.
Thanks.

Hi Vasu,
as per Steven nova audio mumbai deals in Sumiko cartridges. Which phono stage you are planning to use? I guess matching the cartridge with the phono stage is most important. The other issue to check is if your counterweight can balance this cartridge. Otherwise it is better to look for the cartridge and counterweight together.
Thanks.

Mahi,
The supplied counterweight will go with Sumiko Blue Point.
AFAIK Sumiko being high output MC should go with Project Phono Box SE as well as Lyrita Valve Phono Pre.
REgards
Vasu

Hi Myriad!

you may contact my distributor for Project Audio, Mr. Sushil @ 9820284641. He might be able to help you out.

regards,
Abhishek

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back