Carver amp

kindofblue

So someone's offering me a 10 year old Carver integrated amp... He didn't know the model number but he claims it's 150 wpc. He quoted 15k.

Do you folks think it's a good deal? I don't know anything about this brand but it seems to be widely acclaimed. If I am buying this used piece, what should I lookout for?

Any other suggestions/watch-its while I make the purchase?

thanks

Last edited:
Hi kindofblue, just grab it, it's rare find. You don't find them easily in secondhand market. Carver amps are best value for money, build quality & sound production is top class with huge analog meters, looks so cool compared to digital meters. In fact i was looking for one on ebay, unfortunately no one ships it to our country.

Carver products were made in the USA, though some might have been made in Japan. Carver also designed highly-rated Phase Linear amp in the mid 70s. The Carver is discontinued so given the price it is a rare find. Grab one quickly, not likely you will be disappointed. Before buying check the condition of the amp.

More info here: PlaceHolder for carveraudio.com

Regards, Anil

So someone's offering me a 10 year old Carver integrated amp... He didn't know the model number but he claims it's 150 wpc. He quoted 15k.

Do you folks think it's a good deal? I don't know anything about this brand but it seems to be widely acclaimed. If I am buying this used piece, what should I lookout for?

Any other suggestions/watch-its while I make the purchase?

thanks

Last edited:
RUN and buy it.
If its working just grab it @ 15K. Very very robust sounding amp and should drive anything.
Of course when buying such amps availabilty of service/parts is always an issue but even then i would buy it.

Have you bought the amplifier? I have used the TFM 15 power amp from Carver. They are one of the finest amps i have heard.

David.

Hi David

No I haven't yet. I've had to go out of station for a few weeks so everything was postponed. But will let you guys know once/if I get it.

thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back