Castle Knight 2 Speakers

matazooma

Hi,

I am particularly looking for Castle Knight 2 Speakers, both used ones or new should be fine. Can anyone guide me where can I find one? I checked online but didn't find anything. On hifimart it's sold out and not sure whether it be on stock or not.
Regards

Some more FMs are looking for them. I haven’t seen one being listed here in For Sale section ever. Check with Anil (Hifimart) if he might be getting a lot. Recently I noticed the price has been updated on their website so they might be ordering some.

As a happy owner of these less-known/less-heard speakers, I am curious to understand how (and why) you narrowed down on them in particular.

Some more FMs are looking for them. I haven’t seen one being listed here in For Sale section ever. Check with Anil (Hifimart) if he might be getting a lot. Recently I noticed the price has been updated on their website so they might be ordering some.

As a happy owner of these less-known/less-heard speakers, I am curious to understand how (and why) you narrowed down on them in particular.
I had heard this once at my friend's boss's home. I liked it very much much. I felt its way better than my pioneer fs52 and bs22 for music. So will use it as solely for music listening.

I had heard this once at my friend's boss's home. I liked it very much much. I felt its way better than my pioneer fs52 and bs22 for music. So will use it as solely for music listening.
Thanks. Do you recollect what amplifier was being used to drive it?

@SachinChavan What is your impression of them?

Yogesh, as I write above I am a happy user for over thee years now. But these are not speakers everyone will like. But those who like might end up loving. Don’t expect crisp highs, there’s a good amount of treble roll-off. The flip side is that you can listen to the, literally for a full day without any fatigue whatsoever. These are what you’ll term British polite speakers - old styled in the sound. It’s the mid-range where they shine, the vocals are quite life-like, with texture. There’s a surprising amount of bass, not sure because these are extraordinarily deep for their size. You need to place them at least one and half feet away from the front wall (clear distance behind the speakers) though. The bass is satisfying, but not too resolving, that’d be too much to expect at this price.

I wouldn’t recommend them if one is into EDM, New age, New Bollywood etc. But if your musical tastes are largely 20th century (old Hindi ghazals, country, blues, Jazz, esp vocals) you’d love them. They also do a decent job of Indian classical (reasonably microtone production for budget speakers and nice dark signature that brings gravity to the music). The imaging is decent, but soundstage is large, which makes an interesting proposition even for western classical. Rock plays ok, but remember these aren’t high on PRAT, so fast music especially with many instruments may sound a bit muddled/laggy. Don’t expect much resolution in the bass (though there’s good amount of it to fill a medium-large living room - mine is over 300 sq ft and they play comfortably).

Match them with a neutral SS amp, avoid warm amps. Tubes, especially those that sound tubey (most In this budget range would) also aren’t advisable.

I missed mentioning the solid build and gorgueous looks above. These have real and matched veneer, rare in this price range. Castle position themselves as furniture quality, classic furniture I might add. They go well with the rest of my living room (all wood) decor.

Yogesh, as I write above I am a happy user for over thee years now. But these are not speakers everyone will like. But those who like might end up loving. Don’t expect crisp highs, there’s a good amount of treble roll-off. The flip side is that you can listen to the, literally for a full day without any fatigue whatsoever. These are what you’ll term British polite speakers - old styled in the sound. It’s the mid-range where they shine, the vocals are quite life-like, with texture. There’s a surprising amount of bass, not sure because these are extraordinarily deep for their size. You need to place them at least one and half feet away from the front wall (clear distance behind the speakers) though. The bass is satisfying, but not too resolving, that’d be too much to expect at this price.

I wouldn’t recommend them if one is into EDM, New age, New Bollywood etc. But if your musical tastes are largely 20th century (old Hindi ghazals, country, blues, Jazz, esp vocals) you’d love them. They also do a decent job of Indian classical (reasonably microtone production for budget speakers and nice dark signature that brings gravity to the music). The imaging is decent, but soundstage is large, which makes an interesting proposition even for western classical. Rock plays ok, but remember these aren’t high on PRAT, so fast music especially with many instruments may sound a bit muddled/laggy. Don’t expect much resolution in the bass (though there’s good amount of it to fill a medium-large living room - mine is over 300 sq ft and they play comfortably).

Match them with a neutral SS amp, avoid warm amps. Tubes, especially those that sound tubey (most In this budget range would) also aren’t advisable.
Do they work well in the nearfield? have you tried them in a desktop setup?

Do they work well in the nearfield? have you tried them in a desktop setup?
@AmaravatiListener, I wouldn’t suggest them for near-field, though I haven’t tried in that setting.(My desktop setup has headphones connected to headphone amplifier). Mainly because they need about foot and half behind them to sound good. And that’s difficult in a desktop setup. Also, these speakers are not small and wouldn’t aesthetically suit a desktop. Furthermore, the improvement I got when I put them on stands after a few days on the cabinet when I bought them long ago was drastic. I wouldn’t recommend using them without appropriate stands.

My listening distance is about 8-10 feet and they sound best there. But they sound good enough even from the far end of the room which is around 20 ft. These are more mid-field in my opinion, in a medium-large room.

My friend just bought pre-owned (2 years) Castle knight 2 speakers for 15 K. Helped him to set it up & we heard them on a borrowed small Marantz all in one unit with a built in cd player & usb port. It surely did not bring out the true potential of these speakers. It however sounded decent. Did standard wiring instead of the recommended Bi-wiring for the moment. Don't know how much difference in sound it would make.
Waiting for his receiver to come & then would get a fair idea. They sounded warm to me with good punch in the bass dept.

Last edited:
My friend just bought pre-owned (2 years) Castle knight 2 speakers for 15 K. Helped him to set it up & we heard them on a borrowed small Marantz all in one unit with a built in cd player & usb port. It surely did not bring out the true potential of these speakers. It however sounded decent. Did standard wiring instead of the recommended Bi-wiring for the moment. Don't know how much difference in sound it would make.
Waiting for his receiver to come & then would get a fair idea. They sounded warm to me with good punch in the bass dept.
Suggest he invests in a stereo amp at least 70 wpc. I found the Audiolab 8200A a good match and have been using since day one. The current Audiolab 6000a might be an option too.

Please join the waitlist at https://hifimart.com/product/castle-knight-2-speakers-pair/
you will be notified once prebooking starts.

I noticed today that pre-booking has started. And the price is attractive too.

Suggest he invests in a stereo amp at least 70 wpc. I found the Audiolab 8200A a good match and have been using since day one. The current Audiolab 6000a might be an option too.

I noticed today that pre-booking has started. And the price is attractive too.
Thanks for the advice Sachin. I will definitely convey to him. But I think an Audiolab may not come in his budget as he is looking for a preowned amp. He does not want to invest much since he would be out of town frequently & may use the system when he is around. He is planning to buy a Harmon Kardon receiver from his friend.
Also did you find a noticeable difference in sound vis-a-vis standard and bi-wiring. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice Sachin. I will definitely convey to him. But I think an Audiolab may not come in his budget as he is looking for a preowned amp. He does not want to invest much since he would be out of town frequently & may use the system when he is around. He is planning to buy a Harmon Kardon receiver from his friend.
Also did you find a noticeable difference in sound vis-a-vis standard and bi-wiring. Thanks.

There might be other less costly stereo amps (like Norge etc). Better than an AVR (similarly priced) for music.

I’ve tried biwiring in the past, but realised it’s much more important to have the right cable than biwiring. I’ve invested in one that I am happy with. Also, after trying various jumpers (even Nordost etc) I’ve concluded that the bridges provided by Castle do the best job in connecting the HF to the LF.

I was unable to find a functioning website for Castle. Strange!
Indeed, that’s very strange. Even the International Audio Group website (they are the owners of the Wharfedale, Castle, Quad, Audiolab brands) comes up as expired. Perhaps @HiFiVision might have an idea.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back