CD 6003: Any User Reviews?

Gobble, Cd6003 is only 12k in singapore?
Dayumn! Thats one hell of a price difference. Where in Singapore is this price available?
Titus

A forum member picked it up from there. Will PM you his name.

Dont fall for INR (Indian Robbbery) pricing :D

Cheers

The Marantz CD6003 would mate well with mellow amps/spkrs & give a good balanced overall sound.
As a matter of fact, Viren will be getting it to replace his ageing Marantz 5001.

Mine is still burning in, but all the same I would wholeheartedly agree with Capt Rajesh. Immediately after powering it up, it doesn't sound great but after playing a couple of tracks it starts sounding good. I have compared it to the CD5001 and the CD6003 sounds better to my ears. Bought new with bill @ 21K, Viola Mumbai. The USB port and the ability to read MP3 and WMA files from CD-R and CD-RW media is a real bonus. An even greater bonus is the ability to read WAV files directly from the USB drive, since I have ripped most of my collection into WAV files for archival. Need to try if it detects USB Hard disks since that's where all my wave files reside. I am not impressed with how a WAV file sounds from an iPhone when plugged in to the USB port - the CD of the same song sounds way better. Need to try if Apple lossless is better.
Joshua

jls, I didnt know that cd6003 could read wav files from usb. How is the sound quality? you did report poor quality with lossless files on iPOD.
Titus

" I am not impressed with how a WAV file sounds from an iPhone when plugged in to the USB port - the CD of the same song sounds way better. Need to try if Apple lossless is better.
Joshua"
Try ripping into flac with EAC.

Re-confirming what I said in my earlier post:

1) the setup (CDp+Amp+ perhaps speakers) definitely need a warm up time. Last night I played some numbers, from CD and USB, right after switching on the system. It definitely sounded muddy, especially the bass . After playing for 15-20 mins, on reverting back to the same track, the bass had become nice and tight.

2. Wave and CD playback - same quality. I use only EAC ripped wave files, despite the time it takes to rip even a single CD! I have seen the difference compared to a wave file ripped from Win Media Player, so not using Win Media Player any more, and re-ripping some older CDs with EAC.

3. As far I know, iPhone/iPod doesn't natively support FLAC, though Wave is supported. Unless of course there is some extra codec that can be installed (which I am not aware of at this time). Need to try Apple lossless in near future, but not trying too hard as I consider my iPhone more of a phone than a media player:)

Joshua

Addendum:
Plugged in a 500GB Seagate external USB HDD. CDp showed "File System Error". Checked and found that the HDD file system is NTFS whereas the pen drive is FAT 32. Perhaps if one takes the trouble of re-formatting the HDD to FAT 32 then it would be probably be read by CD6003. Can't do this as there are way too many content which need to be pushed to another storage before formatting.

Anyway, CD6003 ignores the folder structure so if one has lots of content in the drive, it becomes difficult to scroll thru so many files. I'll explain - let's say you put 3 albums Album 1, 2 and 3 in a pen drive. The albums contain 10, 12, and 14 songs respectively. When scrolling thru the songs, Album 2 Song 1 will show up as Track 11, and Album3 Song 1 will be Track 23. It just adds up all readable file types, totally ignoring the name of the folder. So a good idea is to name the tracks as "<Artist> <Track Name>".
Joshua

I recently purchased the Cd6003 player and connected with denon 710 amplifier. Songs with music by Rahman sound great.

I have also faced similar problems ("File System Error") while using Seagate 320 GB external USB HDD in my Pioneeer car stereo system and Pioneer DVD player. While on both Pioneer players the same MP3 files loaded on pendrive play.

Perhaps this has more to do with size of external HDD or formatting.

Hi guys,

I bought my CD 6003 from grey market in Chennai; cost me 19.2k

One of our forum members had recently purchased the stuff from S'pore for 12k.

Anyways, I was listening to my music for the past decade from a Sony 5 cd changer CDP C325M.

The upgrading bug had bit me a cpl of months ago (roughly the same time I joined the forum, exactly 2 months later to be precise) & I purchased the legendary Marnatz CD 63 Mk II from a used gear seller.

TThe 1st Cd I played was Another Brick in the Wall and I'm like; hey where is all the LFE?

Then my kids came around & said, hey dad now play our favourite & I played Taare Zamin Pe. he difference is like day & night.

I was zapped. My my, the detail that I was getting was so overwhelming, I was amazed that the source could make so much difference. In fact, I took it to Chennai Hifi meet, a week later.

Imdtly after the meet, since I was having issues with this CDP operations (some of the buttons were very hard) I visited the vendor and behold! I find a brand new Marnatz CD 6003.

I didn't waste time & paid the balance & took it home after spending some good time in the club.

Played Pink Floyd again. Oops, whats that bloated bass I'm listening??:confused::confused:

Next day evening, I came back from Office & auditioned the eqpt along with fellow forum member, Sashi.

1st 10 minutes, we were like, hey this CDP is just hype. During the period, we were also experimenting with various cds.

Past 10 minutes, the CDP opened up and very nicely at that.

There was wonderful detail and good, tight Bass. (I'm differing here with Dinyaar)

This CDP is very forward sounding and could sound a bit bright with certain Amps. Ex Denon.

I also took it along to audition Viren's SETs at Rajiv's place.

Folks, I've no hesitation in stating that the CDP has come out of Rajiv's place with flying colors.

Hope I've been able to answer some questions.This is a wonderful CDP that one could get on a shoe string budget (from hi-end gear's perspective:D)

Hi rajesh bhai can you give me your mobile no please...

Hello All,
Does anyone has a successful experience to play wav files from external USB HDD on CD6003. Kindly share.
This is an important point for me to decide for this CDP.
Thanks.

Now after weeks of deliberations, I have decided to buy CD6003.

Which means that my two Marantz CD5001 players which I was holding on for some time despite buying interest shown by many forum members would go for sale for Rs.9000 each plus actual shipping.

Hi, i understand, this is a nice CDP from Marantz. I am planning to buy one. can someone tell me what is the best price and where do I get it in bangalore..

Plugged my CD6003 with PM7001 and quad 11l2 .......the bass keeps getting better and better as you play it ...........my earlier set up had a panasonic discman / philips dvd player .........was a bit bright .........cd6003 neutralized that .........its a bassy CD player .......... plugged my SANSA FUZE Mp3 player and that gave a decent sound output ........

only drawback here is that it does not store the last track played ...........so every time you stop it starts from the first track in the cd.

Do any of the forum members have problems connecting ipod to the cd6003 ?
I would like to share that my 2Gen Nano functions nicely, but while testing with my friends 5th Gen Classic I have the problem that once connected the ipod cannot be controlled by the touch wheel - one can operate it only by the CD player remote. The manual does mention about the 6003 being sensitive to a few ipod generations (1st and 5th to be specific).

Since I plan to invest in a classic to consolidate my music (120 or 160 gb) and play it through the CD player, the search fuction of the ipod itself is very important. Does anyone have experience connecting a 120/160 gb 6th Gen Ipod? Does the touch wheel function?

I think it is 22k with bill and warranty for the cd6003.

Hi,

I found out from Mumbai that cd6003 is 27k and ARN systems in Bangalore is quoting 35k:sad:.

Just can't get a right quote. Can you please share where it is available for 22k with bill please.

Back