CD 6003: Any User Reviews?

Hi,

I found out from Mumbai that cd6003 is 27k and ARN systems in Bangalore is quoting 35k:sad:.

Just can't get a right quote. Can you please share where it is available for 22k with bill please.

Hi SUB

The Air Fare for one month in advance return to Singapore is 14K. why don't you enjoy a weekend shopping trip and spend a little more rather than slip the extra 10K into a local dealers hands who insists on irrational "daylight robbery" pricing (and also suffer mundane daily life without a break in the process )? At least you will have memories to cherish of the experience :)

CD6003 is 12 to 13K at Singapore. You can ask to demo it so there are no obvious problems with it before packing it.

Cheers

Hi SUB

The Air Fare for one month in advance return to Singapore is 14K. why don't you enjoy a weekend shopping trip and spend a little more rather than slip the extra 10K into a local dealers hands who insists on irrational "daylight robbery" pricing? At least you will have memories to cherish of the experience

CD6003 is 12 to 13K at Singapore. You can ask to demo it so there are no obvious problems with it before packing it.

Cheers

hey gobble, This is for my BIL who is a budding audiophile. For me dream is to pick up a DAC for my Marantz CD 94.. :lol:
Anyway as far as CD6003 is concerned it is a good entry level CDP as per reviews with MP3 and USB for compressed music lovers. BTW anyone have idea about it's DAC processing?

Any idea as to how good the Marantz DV-6500 is?

There is a used one on sale quite cheap at 150 - 160$. Wondering if it is worth the trouble.

hey gobble, This is for my BIL who is a budding audiophile. For me dream is to pick up a DAC for my Marantz CD 94.. :lol:
Anyway as far as CD6003 is concerned it is a good entry level CDP as per reviews with MP3 and USB for compressed music lovers. BTW anyone have idea about it's DAC processing?

I use cd6002 and consider it a minimum standard to begin with. It is a good start. I heard the 6003 not much discernible difference except for usb input and heavier chassis.

Try contacting Dev of Bass Treble in Coimbatore. He shipped me mine without any hassles. The forum should have his contact, or google for just dial.

Cheers

Here is his contact

Bass Treble
32,Ramachandra Road, R.S.Puram
Coimbatore 641 002
Tamilnadu India
Tel: +91 (0)422 2542992
Mob: +91 98940 18283

HTH
regards

Hi, I have been itching for sometime to consolidate my music in an easy manner on an external harddisk or ipod so that I could play and enjoy my music through my Marantz CD6003 CD player. I have never been sure how the ipod classic would respond since the info on the web is quite sketchy.

I tried out the 120gb ipod classic(MB565ZP) with the cd player using the USB interface. Reading the various reports on the web I expected the ipod to connect only on external mode (means I cannot use the ipod search wheel and need to depend on the CD buttors). However surprise surprise the Ipod connected like a breeze and I can use the wheel to seach and scan too.
Downside - after listening though the CD player I just cannot listen though the ipod directly ! Justifies all the people who grumble on the Ipod DAC quality.

I bought the Ipod Classic after checking with the Marantz technicians in Germany (there were some reports that the USB interface here uses a chepo DAC and not the Cirrus Logic DAC which is not true. The chip on the USB controller only interfaces with the external USB stick to read out the data for further processing inside.

Anybody wanting to go this way please take care of the ipod version - I have used the 6th Generation and it works.

that sounds very cool! Can you also select a playlist and play it via the cdp? can you browse into folders/ playlists via cdp buttons and see them clearly on the cdp display?

Hi, I have been itching for sometime to consolidate my music in an easy manner on an external harddisk or ipod so that I could play and enjoy my music through my Marantz CD6003 CD player. I have never been sure how the ipod classic would respond since the info on the web is quite sketchy.

I tried out the 120gb ipod classic(MB565ZP) with the cd player using the USB interface. Reading the various reports on the web I expected the ipod to connect only on external mode (means I cannot use the ipod search wheel and need to depend on the CD buttors). However surprise surprise the Ipod connected like a breeze and I can use the wheel to seach and scan too.
Downside - after listening though the CD player I just cannot listen though the ipod directly ! Justifies all the people who grumble on the Ipod DAC quality.

I bought the Ipod Classic after checking with the Marantz technicians in Germany (there were some reports that the USB interface here uses a chepo DAC and not the Cirrus Logic DAC which is not true. The chip on the USB controller only interfaces with the external USB stick to read out the data for further processing inside.

Anybody wanting to go this way please take care of the ipod version - I have used the 6th Generation and it works.

Yes we can play the ipod just like normal - random, playlist, .....

To operate using the remote, you need to set the cd player to control the ipod externally and then select the album, artist, song... using the remore. However if your library is big then this could be quite a cumbersome process since scanning albums will not be as quick or easy as using the ipod controls.

The thing is you can choose the album or playlist using the ipod controls and then settle down on the couch and use the remote to go to the next or previous songs (this works even without changing the settings to remote). I find this quite useful. However to change albums, artists or fastforwarding using the remote, you would have to set to external control.

The text is big enough to be read out from 10 feet. I found it sufficiently big.

Hi,

I've been wanting to consolidate my music in an easy manner on an external hard disk so that I could play and enjoy my music. I listen to internet radio on Squeezebox Classic. But I have been often told that a dedicated CDp will make a day & night difference. So finally I ate the bullet and purchased a Marantz CD6003 CD player, also I bought an external Seagate HDD. The Marantz 6003 has USB port and the ability to read MP3 and WMA files from CD-R and CD-RW media. I need to know if I rip CDs in WAV files will it detect the USB HDD. Also from where can I get English Cd's in WAV format? I know I can stream music from my Squeezebox, don't know, haven't tried yet. Any suggestions.

Thank you for your time.
--
helium
Marantz Cdp 6003 -> SB Classic -> Lyrita SET2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 / Audiolab 8000A + Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => MUSIC

helium, the marantz cd6003 doesnt really read off large external hdds. Must be a limit to the size of the folder/partition. Pen drives upto 16 gb, 32 gb ipods etc work.

As for cd music, you can rip your cds to wav format using foobar or eac, and copy it on to your pen drive if you please. But better play it as a cd itself, unless you are looking to minimise wear and tear.

@ i audio
@musicmaya

What if I have FLAC files, can I convert that to Cd's with the help of Burrrn/ EAC software?

Also MP3 ripped @320Kbps are they close to Flac/Wave? I know that audiophiles demand that, but I couldnt find it and I'm not an audiophile.

Can you share your experiences that a dedicated Cdp beats a DVD + Dac combo?

Thank you for your time.

--
helium
Marantz Cdp 6003 -> SB Classic -> Lyrita SET2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 / Audiolab 8000A + Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => MUSIC

Guys it's that the anxiety is killing me as most probably I will be receiving the Cdp tomorrow So I will be able to answer my own questions. But I believe that the wisdom lies in the sharing of one's own experiences..:licklips:

helium flight,

Flac can be converted to wav, if you want to play off your usb. You can do it in Foobar itself.
And yes you can Burnn, EAC, foobar( with required plugins) to write flac files as audio cds.
In my experience, I somehow felt that if I made a copy of a CD and played the duplicate CD/copy on the CD6003, the highs get muted and the volume/loudness takes a hit. But its not too bad, unless you are too critical.
Relax helium, you will enjoy it!

has anyone tried LOD (line out dock) for ipod - ipod's line out going to stereo, instead of headphone out?

I had used the Apple AV cable (http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Component-Cable-Retail-Packaging/dp/B004EWEX9O/ bought locally in Bangalore) connected to an iPod touch for a few months before I bought my CD player. This cable outputs the 'line out' into the RCA. It *was* better than the 3.5 mm to RCA cable (cables to go) I had.

One of my friends is using it in his setup right now and he seems quite happy.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back