CD lens cleaner

joysen2002

Hello Friends,

I have a cd player Marantz CD5004, but in recent times this is giving a message "Error" while playing couple of mp3/ home written discs...whereas in other player (dvd) these are running smoothly....any idea why it is happening and is there any problem with the cd player?...
Also plz lemme know about a good lens cleaner which I can use...

Personally, I don't think that lens cleaning CDs are of any use . Atleast, ones that I used , didn't give any result .So I ended up opening the cd drive / DVD player and cleaning the lens myself by some clean cotton and some mild alcohol or with the liquid solution provided with the CD cleaning kit, and yes it worked .

Thanks for clarifying...but I m not so confident of opening the player myself and clean the lens..bit afraid of damaging the lens altogether in the process..can you plz elaborate on the step by step process?... The player is in warranty till now but i dont know any service centre of Marantz in Kolkata...plz help me as I m very much worried with the new player...

It might not be the lens. My friend has the same player with this problem and it turned out to be the transport mechanism, not the lens. If its under warranty, its advisable not to try and fix it yourself. Have you contacted the dealer you bought it from?

Thanks for your reply...I got it from one of the hifivision friend Dr Nilanjan Sengupta from hifiads...he is from blore and purchased it from there..he sold this although the cd player is within warranty...in Kolkata I m unable to find any dealer or service centre..I dont know what to do now..feeling very depressed...plz help

Sorry to hear that. I have a very good technician here in Bangalore, so even if my CDP was in warranty, I would prefer giving it to him than the service center. It's better you do not try any DIY repairs if you are not confident enough. Also I would never use lens cleaners as it could do more damage...better to let a service guy first diagnose the the source of the problem.

Cinebels usually deals in Marantz, if they have a showroom in Kolkata, perhaps they can help you...or some forum members from Kolkata can point you out to a good technician.

Last edited:
I got this Marantz dealer from another thread:

Harmonie Audio ( Mr. Jagwani) - 13,Shyama Charan Smriti Tirtha Road,P.O: New Alipore.

Forum members have praised Mr. Jagwani for his knowledge and hospitality.

Thanks a lot for your replies...I will contact Mr Jagwani in that case...in fact I was supposed to visit Harmonie for an audition also for a pair of floor standing...but really frustrated with Marantz CDP ...

Thanks a lot for your replies...I will contact Mr Jagwani in that case...in fact I was supposed to visit Harmonie for an audition also for a pair of floor standing...but really frustrated with Marantz CDP ...

Glad to help out...hope your problem gets resolved.

Hello Friends,

I have a cd player Marantz CD5004, but in recent times this is giving a message "Error" while playing couple of mp3/ home written discs...whereas in other player (dvd) these are running smoothly....any idea why it is happening and is there any problem with the cd player?...
Also plz lemme know about a good lens cleaner which I can use...

There are two good technicians in Kolkata that I know if, one Mr Tanna and the other Mr Mondol. Any dealer you go to in Kolkata they will take the equipment and just send it over to them so its better if you go to them directly.

Ashok Mondal
Mob: 9051445525

Rajesh Tanna

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back