• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

CD player cum CD ripper

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
Wharfedale Evo 4.2
D

Deleted member 38504

I am looking to buy one of these. And added advantage would be if it could stream as well.

The blue sound vault 2 can’t play a CD otherwise it would have been my first choice.

Budget range anything upto 60-70k.

Any suggestions?

Indranil Sen

celester340- It would be hard to get a very good CD player with streaming capability. Typically multi-functionality boxes perform below reference level compared to their dedicated peers.
Do you need just a Redbook CD player or an advanced player which can play SACD discs as well? For a dedicated CD player you could audition some of the very popular Japanese brands like Luxman, Esoteric, Accuphase. But none of these would rip CDs.
Thanks.

Upvote 0

rikhav

One musical fidelity one could rip and play

Let me remember model number

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 38504

I don’t need a very expensive audiophile CD player. A regular CD player will do. My ears won’t be able to distinguish anyways. What I want is to rip them or listen to them as I feel. A cocktail audio, or bluesound vault does everything I need minus the CD playing sadly.

Upvote 0
M

mpw

For a 1 box solution... Look at the Naim Super Uniti..

Just get speakers...

Doesn't have VU meters though...

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 38504

They will be able to....
I’ve honestly had so many CD players before and I could never tell the difference between subtle sounds. But those were simpler times. And before HFV :D my max budget for a CD player is about 35k. I probably won’t get any audiophile unlit you in this price anyways.

@docd are u sure? Cause I don’t think it can from the reviews I’ve seen. Thanks.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 38504

I get what you mean, but currently I have nothing for stereo expect the speakers. Which is why 2.85 lacs is out of the question.

Saw some reviews on the cocktail x30. Does everything. Thanks @docd But it doesn’t have wireless connectivity. Some reviews say it does some say it doesn’t.

Upvote 0