CD Player For Dali Ikon 6

navinsundar

Hi,
I need to pair a Cd Player with my Dali Ikon 6 which goes well with the Ikons. My budget is 30K INR. Currently the players in my list are NAD C545BEE and Marantz CD6003. I would like to know which one pairs well with the Ikon 6. I am currently using Marntz SR5003 AMP.

Hi,

Although I do not know about the Marantz SR5003, but generally I would not go with Marantz-Marantz-Ikon6 (CDP-Amp-speakers) combination, because the sound may be too bright. I'd also not go with a CA CDP for this combo. I'd rather go with a Nad CDP (or even a Denon) to balance out the sound. But in line with what Spiro has said, the Nad 545 also may be an overkill for the SR5003. These of course are my personal opinion.

Also, if you think you like Marantz CDPs (they are good, but I am talking about the matching with amp and speakers in the above), then please do not go with any silver-coated cables. Use pure copper.

Regards.

Hi,

Although I do not know about the Marantz SR5003, but generally I would not go with Marantz-Marantz-Ikon6 (CDP-Amp-speakers) combination, because the sound may be too bright. I'd also not go with a CA CDP for this combo. I'd rather go with a Nad CDP (or even a Denon) to balance out the sound. But in line with what Spiro has said, the Nad 545 also may be an overkill for the SR5003. These of course are my personal opinion.

Also, if you think you like Marantz CDPs (they are good, but I am talking about the matching with amp and speakers in the above), then please do not go with any silver-coated cables. Use pure copper.

Regards.

How about CA? I heard that CA goes well with Dali Ikon 6.

If you wont pair Dali w/ a little bit laid back kinda amp like NAD, the combination will give you a brighter sound. Check the online forums \ reviews which uses Dali Ikon 6 and check the components which they are pairing with. By the way, from where did you buy the Dali and how much it costs?

Last edited:
Why Spiro Why?

Cheers

The only reason is matching.Many experts(not I :D) say that CDp & amp from same family gives better performance.even when I was looking for system,I was told dont go for highend just bcos my spk cant do justice.

May be highend CDp speci with good THD/SN ratio cannot get justice from comparatively low end amp with higher THD.

Consider a Comp+HDD>DAC>Amp set up.
This is the future & much more flexible than just a CDP.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Get something like the HRT Streamer+ or Devilsound as a simple step towards utilizing PC as a wonderful source for Hifi.

However, if you are specifically looking for a player, see if you can hunt down the beautiful sounding SA7001 KI. Recently they were going as low as 22k. For a while, I'd paired the player with Ikon 6 with out any 'brightness' issues.

Happy auditions.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back