CD Player under 10k

Well price given in mag was 14k as it is all in one.

14k? That is too expensive. Please call them tomorrow and just check the price. I was hoping it will be around 5 or 6K. Then a mod would make sense to bring the final price to about 10K.

Cheers

I will & let you know.This price can be MRP & may come for 10k.They are promoting it as audiophle product which has all(FM/AMP).

I had a talk with DNM today.
Price quoted Rs 15K. It has pre outs so that it can be used as standalone CDP. They requested me to visit their place so see the difference between their Cd player and a good DVD player(they didn't say which DVD player).

the amp is 30 w RMS into 2 channels. If 9 watts of a trpath are good for high efficiency, then this should be morethan enough.
They don't have a standalone CDP.

Couple of issues:

1. The price is too much to even venture out for any mods. By the time a mod is done, the end price will hit 20K or more. For that you can get decent players from Marantz, CA, and NAD.

2. If the product is being compared with a DVD player, then DNM knows it is not in the league of even a decent CDp. Wrong strategy, I would say.

3. If one is going to take a digital out, then a Pioneer at 5K will suffice, in my opinion. Why bother paying 10K more for some possible marginal difference.

All my arguments are mute, if the player sounds good by itself. Some serious auditioning is required.

Cheers

I think they are banking on the strength that, for 15k you get a cdp+amp combo. Just add speakers, or take the pre out to upgrade to a better amp.
But again I dont find it too attractive personally.

I think they are banking on the strength that, for 15k you get a cdp+amp combo. Just add speakers, or take the pre out to upgrade to a better amp.
But again I dont find it too attractive personally.

I agree. I don't know why they don't have a cheaper stand alone CD player.

I had a talk with DNM today.
Price quoted Rs 15K. It has pre outs so that it can be used as standalone CDP. They requested me to visit their place so see the difference between their Cd player and a good DVD player(they didn't say which DVD player).

Well I talked just now & got same price saying its CDp price & am/tuner is bonus.
@jaudire- Can we take Demo together?

This is TEAC price list from Shemaroo Home Theatre. They have a CDP listed for 6k.

TEAC Audio-Video Home Theatre Components Price List
1 TEAC-CD-P1160 CD Player Rs. 6000/-
2 TEAC-W-416 Cassete Deck Rs. 8000/-
3 TEAC-DV900VK DVD Player Rs. 14500/-
4 TEAC-AG9300 Amplifier Rs. 26000/-
5 TEAC-RW-800 CD Writer Rs. 32000/-
6 TEAC-DV3100VK DVD Player Rs. 16000/-
7 TEAC-AD600C3 CD+Cassate Player Rs.18500/-

Just had a word with Shemaroo Home Theater in Mumbai (23808095). They have TEAC CDP1160 for Rs4500. I did not negotiate at all with him, just asked for price. The new model CDP1260 is not here yet.

The only catch is you have to go blind and as they do not have a demo piece with them. In fact they have no stock but can arrange in a few days if one places order. May be someone can find online review as TEAC is a known brand.

Well I talked just now & got same price saying its CDp price & am/tuner is bonus.
@jaudire- Can we take Demo together?

I am not sure whether I am going to visit Mumbai next week.
If I come(plan 23rd to 27th Feb, yet to confirm tickets), i will give you a call. please give me your contact no.

Just had a word with Shemaroo Home Theater in Mumbai (23808095). They have TEAC CDP1160 for Rs4500. I did not negotiate at all with him, just asked for price. The new model CDP1260 is not here yet.

I am planning to go for Norge 1000+ Wharfedale 9.2. Very tight on budget and was considering TEAC player for the time being 1160/1260.

What do you guys suggest?

@ Latheesh: Have been using the Teac 1160d Cd player for the past few months, Its a decent Cd player . If possible audition it , at that price its simply :thumbsup:. Or if your are OK with used ones, you may get some good, branded ones (but old) at decent prices.

Edit: What's your budget??

Last edited:
@ Latheesh: Have been using the Teac 1160d Cd player for the past few months, Its a decent Cd player . If possible audition it , at that price its simply :thumbsup:. Or if your are OK with used ones, you may get some good, branded ones (but old) at decent prices.

Edit: What's your budget??

Thanks!

Planning to get Norge 1000 + Wharf 9.2 now and I need a decent player (read cheap) for the first 6 months and get a better player when I have enough money.

Options are:
1) Get a mass market DVD player and add a DAC (3-4 K + 5 K)
2) Get a Teac 1160 (4.5K) now and upgrade to a good budget CDP after 6-9 months
3) Get a good used CDP (Marantz/Yam) - Do not know the price ~ 8K??

I am a newbie in this area and do not know where to get a used CDP. Let me know if you have an info on a used CDP.

Thanks for the responses friends!!

Is it possible to get a good used Marantz/Yam/CA CD player under 10K. How much CDP value depreciate in a year or two.

One of colleague is coming from USA this month end. Is CD player cheap there comparing to India?. If so which is the best CDP under $200 that go well with norge 1000+ Wharf 9.2?

Thanks in advance

latheesh,try the marantz cd 5001,its an older model and u should get very competitive prices.around ur budget me thinks.i believe its the same player that mr bajaj(of norge) uses for his demos.cheers

I have two Marantz CD5001 silver color which I bought some 20 months ago. Both are in excellent conditions and with original remote, box and owners' manual. Demo in Delhi possible. If someone is interested, PM me.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back