CD players with NOS/R2R DAC?

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

Two questions:

1. Is R2R same as NOS DAC? Or is there an overlap? Are all R2Rs NOS? Or vice versa?

2. Which CD players (not just DACs) are currently available that are built using NOS/R2R DAC? In what price range are they? Which are the most affordable ones?

(I know one can always combine a CD transport with separate DAC - for which there are many choices. But please stick to CDP options in your reply). Thanks.

R2R not the same as NOS. There are oversampling r2r DACs (eh Schiit multibit DACs, a lot of r2r vintage DACs).

Audio note sells nos r2r cd players using the ad1865 chips

You might find this list useful.

This is a dac list. You can check the companies that make r2r dac and go to their site and see if they have a CD player. The older Esoteric CD players were r2r

CD players that use a PCM 1704 or a PCM 63 chip will be a r2r one

NOS is not same as R2R. R2R dacs dont require oversampling to work and so can work as NOS. Metrum acoustics makes only R2R NOS dacs. Some others like Denafrips also make R2R dacs but have the choice of running either OS or NOS so user can choose.

NOS is not same as R2R. R2R dacs dont require oversampling to work and so can work as NOS. Metrum acoustics makes only R2R NOS dacs. Some others like Denafrips also make R2R dacs but have the choice of running either OS or NOS so user can choose.

Thanks. So this means that not all R2Rs are NOS. But are all NOS necessarily R2R? Or are there any examples of delta-sigma DACs that are R2R.

R2R not the same as NOS. There are oversampling r2r DACs (eh Schiit multibit DACs, a lot of r2r vintage DACs).

Audio note sells nos r2r cd players using the ad1865 chips

Thanks. Are there more affordable CD players based on NOS R2R DACs than AudioNote?

You might find this list useful.

This is a dac list. You can check the companies that make r2r dac and go to their site and see if they have a CD player. The older Esoteric CD players were r2r

CD players that use a PCM 1704 or a PCM 63 chip will be a r2r one

Thanks for the list.

Thanks. So this means that not all R2Rs are NOS. But are all NOS necessarily R2R? Or are there any examples of delta-sigma DACs that are R2R.

I am not aware of any delta sigma dac being NOS, delta sigma need to have oversampling to work

Samsung is my least favorite brand and infact the only electronics brand that gave trouble to me as soon as they turn out of warranty. 2 ACs, one fridge, one washing machine, one TV (horizontal lines present so I am using it as CCTV display) so far. So I am trying to change my prejudice against it here.

I am not aware of any CD players with R2R DAC's....... Denafrips offers a wide range of R2R DAC options .....

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back