CD players

motelseti35

I am setting up a new to me system, so far I have a nice sony str7055 playing my turntable and my ps4. Between the the two I'm playing vinyl and spotify but my ps4 doesn't play CDs at all. I have a fairly large collection, but spotify is making them somewhat obsolete. Is it worth picking up a CD player? Or should I just pack them up and free up the shelf space?

IMO it is totally worth buying a CD player if you already have a large collection.
Another option is to rip them, invest in a good DAC and play the ripped files - this option is more convenient.

I am setting up a new to me system, so far I have a nice sony str7055 playing my turntable and my ps4. Between the the two I'm playing vinyl and spotify but my ps4 doesn't play CDs at all. I have a fairly large collection, but spotify is making them somewhat obsolete. Is it worth picking up a CD player? Or should I just pack them up and free up the shelf space?
Imho, Spotify does not sound as good as well mastered cd. If you have a good cd collection, then buying a cd player with a usb port is a good option.

If you don’t:
1. Hear the difference in sound quality between CD and Spotify; and
2. Value physically handling CDs,

then you should consider packing them up.

What amp & speakers are you using ?

Asking since these will be used with yr CD Player (if you buy one)

The only thing which sounds better than cd is a well recorded vinyl. So, if you have a large collection of cd, and quality sound is what you are looking for, get a good cd player.
While I agree , this is not universally true. It depends on what genre you listen.

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
issue got solvedd

Have a PS3 and it plays Audio CDs. Just curious to know whether there is some problem with your PS4 or in general PS4 does not play any Audio CD

I wonder id the Sound Quality of a PS3 or PS4 approaches that of a decent CD player.

I suspect it would be on par with the SQ of a cheap DVD Player ?

I have compared my PS3 and Sony 3D Blu-ray player while playing Blu-Ray movie and noticed there is a substantial difference in sound quality while playing through the PS3. It is any day better than any mid segment Blu-ray player. Could not compare the Audio CD quality as I don't have a dedicated Audio CD player.

I have compared my PS3 and Sony 3D Blu-ray player while playing Blu-Ray movie and noticed there is a substantial difference in sound quality while playing through the PS3. It is any day better than any mid segment Blu-ray player. Could not compare the Audio CD quality as I don't have a dedicated Audio CD player.
I tried playing an audio cd and PS4 did not play it

Back