Need guidance as i am a beginner

Arkaprava

Intended to buy a entry level turntable for records playing. Need guidance from experts of this prestigious group about setting up my turntable + speaker setup in my home....pls give suggestions where to buy LPs/EPs vinyl?

Intended to buy a entry level turntable for records playing. Need guidance from experts of this prestigious group about setting up my turntable + speaker setup in my home....pls give suggestions where to buy LPs/EPs vinyl?
Welcome to HFV.
You may contact Harmonie audio for genuine advice, gears and records.

Hello, there are many kinds of TTs with various price tags so if you mention your budget for your TT, amp and speakers , members can tell you the right answers. However , TTs are of various kinds such as belt drive, idler, direct drive etc. You can either buy a new entry level TT with phono or you may choose preowned ones that are put on sale . You may find them on different online stores like hifimart or you can search for the TTs on our own forum. As regards vinyls there are many sources, since you are from kolkata you can go to the Wellington square(Lenin sarani) , choose your vinyls, bargain and grab. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Bhaskar

I would suggest reading through the numerous existing threads in this forum about this topic - you will find both pros and things-to-watch-out-for of owning a TT/vinyl today. An hour of searching and reading will save you months in the future.

the answer would have been easier if you already had vinyls. But since you have mentioned entry level TTplease remember that good quality vinyls are expensive with new ones at least 2-4 K . Also you will also need a phonostage.

https://newgramophonehouse.com/ is a place you can check the prices of the vinyl you need.

Do you already have a speaker/Amplifier setup ? if you could share and your budget it will be easier.

the answer would have been easier if you already had vinyls. But since you have mentioned entry level TTplease remember that good quality vinyls are expensive with new ones at least 2-4 K . Also you will also need a phonostage.

https://newgramophonehouse.com/ is a place you can check the prices of the vinyl you need.

Do you already have a speaker/Amplifier setup ? if you could share and your budget it will be easier.
No i didnt have those...i am collecting suggestions from expert's now...will buy soon...
Budget is max 75k± including complete setup

As others have mentioned, you need to have the “software” (LPs) before you invest in the hardware(TT). Because LPs these days are expensive, especially those that are in VG and above conditions. Collecting them is time consuming too. You’d rather invest a sizeable chunk of your budget in buying LPs and then maybe buy a used gear later. If you are not keen on this hobby after this, you can always sell those LPs.

As others have mentioned, you need to have the “software” (LPs) before you invest in the hardware(TT). Because LPs these days are expensive, especially those that are in VG and above conditions. Collecting them is time consuming too. You’d rather invest a sizeable chunk of your budget in buying LPs and then maybe buy a used gear later. If you are not keen on this hobby after this, you can always sell those LPs.
I am already making a LPs deal with a seller from his collection..and i am getting good affordable price also.. mainly initially i am collecting bengali LPs then will go for english ones

I am dropping the idea to go with vinyl setup at present due to some problem..

Now sticking with a pair of decent active speaker(source of music will be spotify/youtube music/apple music), then later on planning to get a cd player in near future as my budget permits..i am considering these entry level active speakers as suggested by valuable members of this forum in one of my other thread:-
1. KRK Rokit Classic 5 G3
2. JBL 308P MkII
3. Focal Alpha 50 Evo 5 inch Powered Studio Monitor
4. Elac Debut ConneX DCB41 Powered Speakers
5. Magnat multi monitor 220.
6. Thonet & vander kugel bt

Please share your thoughts here 👆🙏

Getting Elac dcb41 @42k from a local dealer(audition available), krk rokit cl5 g3 @30k from a local shop(audition not available), jbl 308p mkII @30,900rs

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back