CD Quality Vs Downloaded from internet

Hi friends,

Is there any quality difference between cd recording and Flac files downloaded from internet.

If the ripping is done correctly then none whatsoever. In fact many times I have burnt FLAC files as Audio CD on a rewritable CD for playing in the car and they were on par with the original CD.

how to play FLAC files downloaded from net on a normal CDP/DVDP ?

regards

You can use Burrrn or DB poweramp with flac plugin or convert it to wave and use NERO to burn it into CD's ;)

Burrrn will directly burn the flac to CD's so does the DB powerAmp.But burn needs the cue files to do it.

Thanks
Saran

how to play FLAC files downloaded from net on a normal CDP/DVDP ?

regards

FLAC format will not play on standard CDP and DVDP. The files have to be burnt as an Audio CD and any burning software will do that (I would recommend Ashampoo Burning Studio, Version 6.75 is free and available on Download.com. I have personally not come across any CDP or DVDP that plays the FLAC format, but I do think such players would be available, but would cost a lot.

On the other hand, if you are d/l from the net, then a PC might be a better option to play FLAC files (at least I use my PC for my music) and here I would recommend XMPlay (a great player).

Hi friends,

Is there any quality difference between cd recording and Flac files downloaded from internet.

Hi Mohamed,
Based on my experience, the differences would range from 'not so much' to 'wow' based on how you listen to the music. If it's going to be from an MP3 player with the bundled earphones, MP3's should be OK, bit if you're going to listen to them on a really nice car stereo or a nice 2-ch rig, my choice would be:

1.WAV
2.EAC
3.AAC (224KBps)
4.MP3 (>=224KBps)

in the same order.

Ofcourse, YMMV...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back