CD Reviews

Sandeep

I think we should keep this section very much alive to avoid spending lots of moolah on useless CDs, overhyped by reviewers and where only 1 or 2 songs are decent.

Get Tom Petty's latest HIGHWAY COMPANION CD. Its a cracker, though not a rocker like his earlier FULL MOON FEVER with THE HEARTBREAKERS.

I am compiling a massive list of 1000+ MUST HAVE Jazz albums. This list is based on recommendations received from Jazz lovers all across the globe. One can blindly buy a album from the list.

Moderators: Please guide me how to post MS Excel file on this forum.

I am compiling a massive list of 1000+ MUST HAVE Jazz albums. This list is based on recommendations received from Jazz lovers all across the globe. One can blindly buy a album from the list.

Moderators: Please guide me how to post MS Excel file on this forum.

You can easily post it as an attachment.

When you make a post, go down to "Manage Attachments", Click on the "Browse" button and put the file path.

Please note that if the file size is greater than 100KB, then please email it to me at admin at hifivision dot com so that I can compress it to PDF format and upload it.

Lots of oldies have come out with goldies - Bob Dylan-Modern Times, Neil Young-Living With War, Gary Moore-Old New Ballads Blues, Eric Clapton & JJ Cale-Road to Escondido, Def Leppard-Yeah, Iron Maiden-A Matter of Life & Death. These guys sure know how to kick ass, period ! Check them out.

Re: CD Reviews - Gary Moore

... Gary Moore-Old New Ballads Blues ...

I have heard the compilation album of Gary Moore (1982-1984 B&B). I simply fell in love with most of the songs. Though the songs keep on changing, the mood in the whole album had continued to be same. I also procured another of his album (I think - Still got the blues). I was disappointed in the sense that this was a different genre catering to Rock audience, IMHO.

With this said, how do you rate and place his album OLD NEW BALLADS BLUES? Please suggest me some of the other good compilations/albums of Moore of similar mood and taste as B&B 1982-1994.

P.S: If I misplaced this in the wrong thread, please comment and excuse.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back