CDP Azur 540c or cd 5400 or nadc525 bee

Try the contacting chennai distie directly he will direct you to a dealer. You have to be lucky ot get it for 15K but less than 18K definitely.

One of the forum members got it for a real good price in Feb, but I dont remember who it was anymore.

Regards

Try the contacting chennai distie directly he will direct you to a dealer. You have to be lucky ot get it for 15K but less than 18K definitely.

One of the forum members got it for a real good price in Feb, but I dont remember who it was anymore.

Regards

Who is proper dealor?PM me pls.

Who is proper dealor?PM me pls.

PM'ed you. Also note there is good chance, if you get a cdp of the quality of cd6002 or 640c, a dac like Beresford is going to do little or nothing to improve SQ over it. The cd6002 is already well engineered to provide very decent SQ, and your money in the range of and 15 - 18K is spent on good quality circuitry, transport and inbuilt DAC already but for 16/44.1 sound.

The Beresford is only an alternative to cheap onboard pc soundcards

Regards

PM'ed you. Also note there is good chance, if you get a cdp of the quality of cd6002 or 640c, a dac like Beresford is going to do little or nothing to improve SQ over it. The cd6002 is already well engineered to provide very decent SQ, and your money in the range of and 15 - 18K is spent on good quality circuitry, transport and inbuilt DAC already but for 16/44.1 sound.

The Beresford is only an alternative to cheap onboard pc soundcards

Regards

So I take your word- if I go for 6002,no need to get DAC.
Which amp will go with 6002?(you have Nad,can I consider same for F1?)

So I take your word- if I go for 6002,no need to get DAC.
Which amp will go with 6002?(you have Nad,can I consider same for F1?)

PM'ed you. Yep. spending 12K on a budget DAC when you've already spent 18K on a well engineered CDP would be a waste I would say - Is the SQ going to improve by er 12K (Sic!)? :rolleyes:

It does not even upsample.
Regards

Last edited:
can you PM me the dealer / distributor info as well? If the CD6002 is available for 15k or even say 16k, i would seriously consider it, because my alternative is the DVD99 for 13k, which is also damn good, but my guess is the CD6002 will exceed it.

PM'ed you. You have to be lucky to get it at 15K. Someone did. I got it for 18K.

Regards

Wow, 15-18K for something that will only play CDs, MP3s, and WMAs. The CA DVD99 looks a much better deal here.

on paper i would agree, but right now i am actually going to use it only as a CD player, since i can't have my audioengine 2s in the same room as my TV due to logistical (and sound quality) reasons. But ya, the versatility of the DVD99 does weight on my mind here. Excellent DVD playback, SACD and DVD-A, USB playback etc., But i am going to have to compare the sound quality on both with redbook audio CDs, and that'll be the clincher, if the superiority of the 6002 is marginal or irrelevant, then i'll go for the DVD99, if it clearly demonstrates a higher level of quality, then i'll take the 6002.

Wow, 15-18K for something that will only play CDs, MP3s, and WMAs. The CA DVD99 looks a much better deal here.

The casing and tray are really flimsy on the Marantz. Will post a pic as soon as I do it.

Regards

hi gobble,

you could open up the player (when not in use!) and damp the insides of the upper section with bluetack. just stick strips where it wont touch any of the insides. also stuff the under side, the gaps under the tray, there's be gaps at the leading edge of the tray, under side. this will make the tray slide in little more smoothly. also try putting some weight on the cd player top. will definitely tighten up the sound. i've got two tintin books on my nad cd 521 to protect the surface and on top of that i've put two weights half kg or 1 kg, dont remember, evenly spaced out. these are the circular weights that come with barbells you lift. experiment with different weights, lower first then higher and listen till you're happy.

regards

on paper i would agree, but right now i am actually going to use it only as a CD player, since i can't have my audioengine 2s in the same room as my TV due to logistical (and sound quality) reasons. But ya, the versatility of the DVD99 does weight on my mind here. Excellent DVD playback, SACD and DVD-A, USB playback etc., But i am going to have to compare the sound quality on both with redbook audio CDs, and that'll be the clincher, if the superiority of the 6002 is marginal or irrelevant, then i'll go for the DVD99, if it clearly demonstrates a higher level of quality, then i'll take the 6002.

Where are you auditioning?

I went to pick up a DV99 in December. After the hour long auditioning session the dealer happened to play the 640C V2 for 15 mins. I was blown away by the difference. Dropped my plans to buy the DV99 immediately. I would have walked away with the 640 under my arm if he had quoted 21k or whereabouts but the dealer stuck to 24K.

I checked again later in the week, no budge. Ended up picking the CD6002 for 18K :)

So let me tell you - there is a huge difference betweeen a DVDP and a dedicated CDP. I used to fall out my chair everytime I read the prices of dedicated CDPs on the forum - not after that day. I guess you have to accept some things come at a price and its simply not available at mass market rates.

Regards

Do post the results. Will be looking forward to it.

hi gobble,

you could open up the player (when not in use!) and damp the insides of the upper section with bluetack. just stick strips where it wont touch any of the insides. also stuff the under side, the gaps under the tray, there's be gaps at the leading edge of the tray, under side. this will make the tray slide in little more smoothly. also try putting some weight on the cd player top. will definitely tighten up the sound. i've got two tintin books on my nad cd 521 to protect the surface and on top of that i've put two weights half kg or 1 kg, dont remember, evenly spaced out. these are the circular weights that come with barbells you lift. experiment with different weights, lower first then higher and listen till you're happy.

regards

Let me try the weights. I just canceled the idea of putting an 8mm glass sheet on top as I realized the heat needs to radiate off the top metal surface of the CDP. Glass will trap the heat and not let is dissipate. I was contemplating the 2kg lead/sand filled ankle weight exercise straps for my speaker tops - will try them on the cdp too :D

What is bluetack? What will sticking it in the gaps acheive? Can you post some pics of what you've done?

TIA
Regards

haan, i am quite expecting that level of difference, what i expeccted was that the DVD99 would give a good fight to the 340C, or the marantz 5001, and then factoring in the additional functionality, i thought i'd prefer it. On paper I imagine that the DVD99 and the 6002 is a no-contest, but i'll still need to audition myself, which I will do, and yes I will certainly post the results.

Btw, how significant was the gap between the 6002 and the 640C? how are they different? how are they similar? how is one better than the other? thanks in advance.

Where are you auditioning?

I went to pick up a DV99 in December. After the hour long auditioning session the dealer happened to play the 640C V2 for 15 mins. I was blown away by the difference. Dropped my plans to buy the DV99 immediately. I would have walked away with the 640 under my arm if he had quoted 21k or whereabouts but the dealer stuck to 24K.

I checked again later in the week, no budge. Ended up picking the CD6002 for 18K :)

So let me tell you - there is a huge difference betweeen a DVDP and a dedicated CDP. I used to fall out my chair everytime I read the prices of dedicated CDPs on the forum - not after that day. I guess you have to accept some things come at a price and its simply not available at mass market rates.

Regards

Found this searching for an image of bluetack. Is this what you put your cdp in? :D

Donkey with Remarkable Red and Blue Tack -- Animal Photos!

Cheers

LOL:lol::lol::lol:

Bluetack would be this...

product-5330046.jpg

Btw, how significant was the gap between the 6002 and the 640C? how are they different? how are they similar? how is one better than the other? thanks in advance.

Can't say as the cd6002 is at home and the 640C I heard at dealers with 640A amp and Ms906i. But I loved it there no doubt.

Regards

Hey Gobble, would you have the number of the dealer in Bangalore from whom you picked up the player? I shuttle between Bangalore and Chennai quite often and I can pick it up from Bangalore if necessary. "The Audio People" in Chennai are quoting 21k+ for the player :p , and let me know if I can use your reference (you can PM me your real name :) )

Can't say as the cd6002 is at home and the 640C I heard at dealers with 640A amp and Ms906i. But I loved it there no doubt.

Regards

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back