CDP Azur 540c or cd 5400 or nadc525 bee

Hey Gobble, would you have the number of the dealer in Bangalore from whom you picked up the player? I shuttle between Bangalore and Chennai quite often and I can pick it up from Bangalore if necessary. "The Audio People" in Chennai are quoting 21k+ for the player :p , and let me know if I can use your reference (you can PM me your real name :) )

Blore is good for me too as my Brother is staying there.

bingo! that's what gives the sound its distinctive 'kick' :D

:D

if you want something more mundane adn regular go with what moserw has posted ;)

You mean thats not what you were talking about? I think the Indian equivalent is anabond stick-on. I used them to attach spikes to my speakers. Your description of "cut square pieces" confused me. Its a Putty like adhesive right? Can you post a macro shot of where around the tray you pasted it?

TIA

was pulling your leg. mundane compared to the donkey gotcha :lol:

it is the same thing. available at hardware shops or with mr murthy on commercial street, after the police station, left hand side a hardware shop. anabond would do too. i'll see if i can take shots of the under side of tray. methinks i took em out to use to anchor spikes since cd playback was secondary to lp :) basically you'll need to see how the tray slides in and put small pieces of the putty wherever it will not touch something when the tray slides in. if your tray is absolutely smooth underneath you might not be able to do it. if no spaces like that are there avoid. simply open the player and paste the putty (bluetak came in strips) on the inside of the player's top plate, my nad has a top plate that is screwed on to the bottom. of course avoid blocking heatsinks. although i must say i found more improvement from putting weights on the player. so maybe you could put blutak/anabond on the top of the player and then this makes a nice sticky place to put the weights.

I would also suggest you look at NAD's 515. Though at the bottom of the heap, it has good specs and a very decent DAC. I paired this with a Yamaha AVR and my own Onkyo 875 and the sound is phenomenal. I am going to try it with a standard two channel amp, but I am positive it will only sound better than what I have heard with these AVRs.

Cheers

Hi,

Did you try NAD's 515 with a standard two channel amp?
Can you flash on Sigms DAC?

basically you'll need to see how the tray slides in and put small pieces of the putty wherever it will not touch something when the tray slides in. if your tray is absolutely smooth underneath you might not be able to do it.

Thats precisely what I'm unable to understand hence requested some pics. The point of sticking something anywhere is to let it support and prevent undesirable movement and so it logically follows that it has to touch the tray as it slides in and out.

if no spaces like that are there avoid. simply open the player and paste the putty (bluetak came in strips) on the inside of the player's top plate, my nad has a top plate that is screwed on to the bottom. of course avoid blocking heatsinks. although i must say i found more improvement from putting weights on the player. so maybe you could put blutak/anabond on the top of the player and then this makes a nice sticky place to put the weights.

No way I'm opening the player until warrant period is over. Later ... :)
I'm putting ankle weight straps this week. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back