Ceiling Speakers For Atmos Suggestions Please!

Triple Ace

I cannot find any informative threads regarding ceiling speakers for atmos or general ceiling speakers that can be fixed to the false ceiling for Atmos effect.

Budget is 10-12K

My current set up is Dali Zensor 7, Dali Vokal, Dali Zensor 1 and AVR is Denon 2200. Sub woofer not decided yet but most probably SVS PB1000.

Experts please help me ..

Regards,
Sailaza

Last edited:
There are atmos speakers Specifically designed for Dolby atmos configuration. Brands like a onkyo and pioneer. Onkyo sks ceiling speakers cost around 12 I guess. Try checking out them.

There are atmos speakers Specifically designed for Dolby atmos configuration. Brands like a onkyo and pioneer. Onkyo sks ceiling speakers cost around 12 I guess. Try checking out them.

Thanks for replying kaptan.

I have read about the Atmos speakers and the modules but I am looking for ceiling speakers only to be used as Atmos speakers.

Dolby Atmos Enabled
Speaker Technology

it says ....
How do I get sound coming from above?
The obvious answer is to install speakers in the ceiling. Most conventional speakers
designed specifically for high-quality music or movie reproduction mounted in or on
your ceiling will work in a Dolby Atmos home theater.

if you observer most of the layouts , the bottom line is that the angle of reflection to the seating position. some of the recommended speakers by Dolby labs , including add ons are angled facing the roof ,so , I assume any matching surround speakers(or full range spks) placed in similar fashion should do the job.

In your case, mounting to the ceiling at similar angle to the listening position should work good.

For others , who have not yet initiated to Atmos

Regarding setups ... upward firing spk/ceiling mounted spks....

Dolby Atmos speaker setups 9.1.2

Dolby Atmos speaker setups 5.1.4
etc...

My current set up is Dali Zensor 7, Dali Vokal, Dali Zensor 1
On your current set-up, when sounds move from left-to-right or from front-to-back, they maintain a consistent timbre because you're using speakers from the same line. With your future Atmos set-up, when sounds move from around you to above you, they should continue to maintain that same consistency.

With that in mind, if you're going to mount bookshelf speakers on your ceiling, then consider something from the same Dali line: either a pair of Zensor Pico speakers or another pair of Zensor 1 speakers.

If you're going to cut holes in the ceiling, then look at speakers from Dali's in-ceiling or in-wall lines. Both should be a reasonable timbre match for your current speakers.

Dolby Atmos Enabled
Speaker Technology

it says ....

if you observer most of the layouts , the bottom line is that the angle of reflection to the seating position. some of the recommended speakers by Dolby labs , including add ons are angled facing the roof ,so , I assume any matching surround speakers(or full range spks) placed in similar fashion should do the job.

In your case, mounting to the ceiling at similar angle to the listening position should work good.

For others , who have not yet initiated to Atmos

Regarding setups ... upward firing spk/ceiling mounted spks....

Dolby Atmos speaker setups 9.1.2

Dolby Atmos speaker setups 5.1.4
etc...

Thanks for all the information.
I am looking for ceiling speakers only which can match with my Dali Zensor series .. I already have provisions made in the ceiling for the same.

Thanks

On your current set-up, when sounds move from left-to-right or from front-to-back, they maintain a consistent timbre because you're using speakers from the same line. With your future Atmos set-up, when sounds move from around you to above you, they should continue to maintain that same consistency.

With that in mind, if you're going to mount bookshelf speakers on your ceiling, then consider something from the same Dali line: either a pair of Zensor Pico speakers or another pair of Zensor 1 speakers.

If you're going to cut holes in the ceiling, then look at speakers from Dali's in-ceiling or in-wall lines. Both should be a reasonable timbre match for your current speakers.

Dear Mr Sanjay,
Thanks for explaining it to me. In fact Mr aks also explained me the same thing about timbre matching. I read somewhere that any decent ceiling speakers can give the desired atmos effect better than the atmos modules ..
I have to go for ceiling speakers only because the provisions are already done in the false ceiling.
Dali ceiling speakers are beyond my budget. A dealer has quoted 30K for a pair of Dali phantom E-60 ceiling speakers. Thats way above my budget.

Any other particular brand or make of ceiling speakers you can suggest that can pair well with the Zensors?

Thanks and regards,
Sailaza

I read somewhere that any decent ceiling speakers can give the desired atmos effect better than the atmos modules ..
Agreed, I would resort to upfiring modules only if I couldn't mount speakers in or on the ceiling.
Dali ceiling speakers are beyond my budget. A dealer has quoted 30K for a pair of Dali phantom E-60 ceiling speakers.
What about the Dali Phantom H-50 or E-50?

Wharfedale C170 is a good pair, but is currently out of stock in hifimart.
In-Wall/Ceiling

Either you can wait for it to be back in stock or check for ceiling speakers in amazon.in

Hi ItsMe,

Thanks for replying.

I am going to Kolkata tomorrow or day after so I will explore the ceiling speakers there and take a call.

Thanks,
Sailaza

Ok great, how is the performance, please post pics how it is placed. Thanks

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back