Center and satellite speaker suggestions - help complete my 5.1 setup

aadi007

Hi All,

My current setup is a 2.1 system -
Maranz 1402 AVR
Monitor audio BR2 bookshelves for front
Velodyne impct 10 for sub,

I want to get a center speaker and the satellite ones to complete my setup.
Based on my understanding, I should get a similar Satellite. So, I will look for the BR or MR center in Monitor Audio,

For the satellites, I want something small and easy which could be wall mounterd. ALso, I won't like to spend much on them (max 20K for a pair)

Please provide suggestions

You can even audition other brands and see which ones meet your SQ expectations.....

Ensure that the speakers have HIGH sensitivity levels 90db and above....it will then drive effortlessly on the NR1402.....minimum 6 ohms.....

Hi All,

My current setup is a 2.1 system -
Maranz 1402 AVR
Monitor audio BR2 bookshelves for front
Velodyne impct 10 for sub,

I want to get a center speaker and the satellite ones to complete my setup.
Based on my understanding, I should get a similar Satellite. So, I will look for the BR or MR center in Monitor Audio,

For the satellites, I want something small and easy which could be wall mounterd. ALso, I won't like to spend much on them (max 20K for a pair)

Please provide suggestions

Yes, ideally the center should be same or as same as possible to the fronts. However, dont be afraid to experiment. For the rear surrounds, you could try out Polk's OWM3. I have got them hooked to a similarly rated NR1504 and they sound great as surrounds.

MaSh

Thanks for the comments. Polk OWM3 seems nice and available at 13.5K on ebay.
Any other suggestions?
MR1 speakers seem too big to me for my case.

Ideal center would be from BR series.. For satellites, you can consider MA Radius 45 series.. Should be within your budget.. These speakers have mount threads, so would be easy to tilt to your listening position, than the regular BS speakers which have only key hole mount..

315765.jpg

I checked the radius series, costs 18K for a single piece.

:oops: 18K for a single piece is ridiculously expensive.. It is MA :cool:

Feels way overpriced and beyond my budget

As others FM have suggested, you have polk OWM 3 / 5.. Should be with in your budget..

If you are only looking for key hole mount, you may as well consider from Taga Platinum S90 SL.. Abt 13K per pair..

I received the following suggestion from one of the dealers.
Haven't heard about them before. Any opinions?
Cornered CI2 speakers

Thanks for the suggestions. Both the Polk and Taga are good suggestions.
I am kind of short of space, so I need perferably small ones which can be mounted on the wall.

Also, found another one on Hifimart . Are these wall mountable?
Mission MX-S surround speakers

For the center, I checked with the dealer. Got quotataion of 17K for the MR center as BR is dicountinued.
Planning to go for the same.

Last edited:
I received the following suggestion from one of the dealers.
Haven't heard about them before. Any opinions?
Cornered CI2 speakers

Thanks for the suggestions. Both the Polk and Taga are good suggestions.
I am kind of short of space, so I need perferably small ones which can be mounted on the wall.

Also, found another one on Hifimart . Are these wall mountable?
Mission MX-S surround speakers

For the center, I checked with the dealer. Got quotataion of 17K for the MR center as BR is dicountinued.
Planning to go for the same.

Check google images of the speaker model.. You will get a rough idea if it has wall mount provision..

With Mission MXs, there seems to be 2 small holes besides speaker bass port.. Not very sure if its mounting thread hole.. Check if it comes with mounting accessory as standard..

590702586_8_1000x700_mission-mx-s-black-deshevo-v-idealnom-sostoyanii-_rev003.jpg

If you have not purchased yet, you may consider Polk Signature S15 bookshelf speakers.
They are wall mountable, compact and price is around 20k for pair.

You may also consider matching centre channel of Polk Signature S30 Centre speaker

Best option is wait and collect more funds and go for Monitor Audio Bronze 2 and Bronze Center with BR2 as surround. You will certainly feels upgradation to higher quality components.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back