Center Speaker Upgrade

donmathew90

Hey Everyone!

I currently have the Taga Harmony TAV 607C center speaker (pic below)

1000180429.jpg

What difference can I expect if I upgrade to Taga Harmony Platinum C-100 (pic below)?

1000180430.jpg

My room size is 130sqft if it matters. Denon 1800 with Taga Harmony speakers and sub. 5.1.2 configuration.

Hey Everyone!

I currently have the Taga Harmony TAV 607C center speaker (pic below)

View attachment 83860

What difference can I expect if I upgrade to Taga Harmony Platinum C-100 (pic below)?

View attachment 83861

My room size is 130sqft if it matters. Denon 1800 with Taga Harmony speakers and sub. 5.1.2 configuration.
Don’t know these models specifically, but upgrading your center channel will give you the biggest bang for your buck ( alongside upgrading a sub ) in your HT experience

Don’t know these models specifically, but upgrading your center channel will give you the biggest bang for your buck ( alongside upgrading a sub ) in your HT experience
Thanks! Would you be able to tell me what exactly will sound different? More clarity, more volume etc?

Thanks! Would you be able to tell me what exactly will sound different? More clarity, more volume etc?
Yes a good center would give you more clarity in, and more natural sounding dialogue. In a 5.1/7.1/Atmos setup, 60-80% of dialogue comes from the center channel. So in setups that are used predominantly for movie watching, it’s often skewed that the towers cost so much more than the center.

THX in fact mandates that the LCR all have to be the exact same speaker

Yes a good center would give you more clarity in, and more natural sounding dialogue. In a 5.1/7.1/Atmos setup, 60-80% of dialogue comes from the center channel. So in setups that are used predominantly for movie watching, it’s often skewed that the towers cost so much more than the center.

THX in fact mandates that the LCR all have to be the exact same speaker
Thank you! I appreciate your time :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back