Center speakers

Smo

Hi All, I am currently using Dali Rubicon LCR as Front LH/RH, could not afford ( very expensive) Rubicon Vokal ( center) my query is
- is it mandatory to use same brand, series for center also ( currently I am using Custom made center speaker)
- what will I miss if other brand is used as center, I understand mostly only dialogues are delivered from center & not much more
- for Surround I use SVS Elevation

I will be greatful if any one suggest any alternative for center in lieu of Rubicon Vokal (center) in the range of ₹ 20-25K

Thanks !

Hi

The Center along with Subwoofer plays an important part for dialogue delivery for movies and concerts playback....

Ensure the Center speaker has sensitivity of 88db or more.....

Impedance should be 8 ohms...if not then at least 6 ohms

If you can get a 3 way model it will be good as then almost all frequencies across the spectrum 20hz - 20khz are outputted.

Brand is not really a concern, check your budget, see the size....audition some brands and if you are able to hear explosions, dialogues, crisp highs and detailing, go for it....

Ran out of money, did you :)
No offence, just kidding.
Buying used is the only way to go in your case. And, even then, please do up your budget some else you might just end up wasting your money.
Do you watch alone? If only one person is using the setup, you can do without the centre. The L/R create a phantom centre.
Check out this Opticon sale in Mumbai.
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...maha-aventage-rx-a3060-avr.70301/#post-785483

Ran out of money, did you :)
No offence, just kidding.
Buying used is the only way to go in your case. And, even then, please do up your budget some else you might just end up wasting your money.
Do you watch alone? If only one person is using the setup, you can do without the centre. The L/R create a phantom centre.
Check out this Opticon sale in Mumbai.
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...maha-aventage-rx-a3060-avr.70301/#post-785483
Checked the link it's an LCR, I am more inclined towards Vokal ( dedicated center by (Dali)

Checked the link it's an LCR, I am more inclined towards Vokal ( dedicated center by (Dali)
Do listen to it. Many suggest same speaker for all three fronts. You have LCRs for the left and right. Another LCR would probably work for the centre.

I am using the zensor vokal. I was using yamaha yht 299. I wanted to upgrade my subwoofer so went to MAX HT for audition of polk psw125 and ended up getting blown away with the zensor vokal performance. I purchased the zensor vokal alone first. The speaker is just amazing and just to match zensor vokal i ended up getting z3 for fronts and z1 for surrounds. If you are looking for a center channel within 20-25k you can blindly go for vokal. The dialogues are clear and over all its one of the best centre chanel speaker in that price range.

- is it mandatory to use same brand, series for center also ( currently I am using Custom made center speaker)

Nothing is really mandatory. However, it is highly recommended that you not only get speakers from the same brand for the center but also match it with the L&R.

what will I miss if other brand is used as center, I understand mostly only dialogues are delivered from center & not much more

If you aren't very careful when selecting the center from another brand, you are likely to find that the sound is not balanced across your front stage. Both SPL capability and tonal differences play a part here. This will hinder, among other things, dialogue intelligibility and really take you out of the movie experience.

Dialogue is, for the most part, delivered through the center. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the center is only used for dialogue delivery. A majority of your 5.1 movie content is delivered via the center (60-70%?). The center, along with the subs, is the heart of a HT system. Especially one that is designed for multiple listeners.

If I were you, I'd really stick to the brand I have for L&R. At the very least.

Do listen to it. Many suggest same speaker for all three fronts. You have LCRs for the left and right. Another LCR would probably work for the centre.
This is a good option. You can connect the lcr as the centre and see the output quality.

Or try to get a pre-owned Vokal 2 which is a great centre. You can it locally if you are lucky if somebody is selling his unit or on eBay.

Or buy the zensor vokal which may not be too different from Vokal 2.

Or buy a not so expensive one for now and when funds permit go for the Rubicon centre which is a great speaker. Just as they say Rome was not built in a day , a great set-up is also an outcome of lot of patience and judicious expenditure.

All the best!

This is a good option. You can connect the lcr as the centre and see the output quality.

Or try to get a pre-owned Vokal 2 which is a great centre. You can it locally if you are lucky if somebody is selling his unit or on eBay.

Or buy the zensor vokal which may not be too different from Vokal 2.

Or buy a not so expensive one for now and when funds permit go for the Rubicon centre which is a great speaker. Just as they say Rome was not built in a day , a great set-up is also an outcome of lot of patience and judicious expenditure.

All the best!
Nicely explained Thanks !

i am using an B&W centre with AR fronts. Though they are different brands, what matters is similar SQ. I dont find any difference since similar SQ. You need to check this before buying. Another good centre would be Polk audio CSiA6 speaker

I use a Dali Pico Vokal as I have limited space for a Center and also I only use the same for movies which is 20% ...80% I am more into music....so works well for me......

It works quite well and delivers really crisp performance for a center of that size!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back