Opticon 6 or Rubicon 2

zoiks_guy

Hello dear community!

Reaching out to this lovely forum for some advice. I have a full Dolby Atmos setup using Marantz 6012. My speakers are all different kinds, which isn't great. These are:
Center: Dali Oberon
Front: Boston Acoustics HS460
Rear: Some cheap Bose ones
Ceiling: 4 speakers from some Magnat. Not bad
Sub: B&W 608

I am looking to upgrade and I feel I should start with centre and/or Fronts. My use is 60% music and 40% movies. Currently, I can get Opticon 6 and Rubicon 2s for the same price. My thoughts so far are that since I am using a Sub anyways, I probably don't need floorstanders. On the other hand, I not sure if Marantz 6012 is good for Rubicons 2 so I might be opening up a can of worms (read expenses). Lastly, my there's a bit of physical constraint. If Rubicons, I'll buy a long TV unity and place them on it (I hate tripods). This will leave about 10cms at the back of the Rubicons, while the recommended is 20cms. So, seeking help on:
1. Opticon 6 or Rubicon 2 as side speakers
2. Likewise, Opticon or Rubicon Vocal

Requests your inputs and happy to be correct on any of my thinking.

Hello dear community!

Reaching out to this lovely forum for some advice. I have a full Dolby Atmos setup using Marantz 6012. My speakers are all different kinds, which isn't great. These are:
Center: Dali Oberon
Front: Boston Acoustics HS460
Rear: Some cheap Bose ones
Ceiling: 4 speakers from some Magnat. Not bad
Sub: B&W 608

I am looking to upgrade and I feel I should start with centre and/or Fronts. My use is 60% music and 40% movies. Currently, I can get Opticon 6 and Rubicon 2s for the same price. My thoughts so far are that since I am using a Sub anyways, I probably don't need floorstanders. On the other hand, I not sure if Marantz 6012 is good for Rubicons 2 so I might be opening up a can of worms (read expenses). Lastly, my there's a bit of physical constraint. If Rubicons, I'll buy a long TV unity and place them on it (I hate tripods). This will leave about 10cms at the back of the Rubicons, while the recommended is 20cms. So, seeking help on:
1. Opticon 6 or Rubicon 2 as side speakers
2. Likewise, Opticon or Rubicon Vocal

Requests your inputs and happy to be correct on any of my thinking.
Whether it is Opticon or Rubicon, pls keep the fronts and center same type.
Better to hear them out before going for it. If I am not mistaken then Opticon is higher in the hierarchy than Rubicon.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back