Cheap 2.1 powered some for PC

Sorry, didn't understand this chain..

On a side note : I know you may not like this suggestion, but if there is a possibility of getting optical / co-axial out from your PC, then consider any used AVR from OLX in your city (or) try scouting from a local FM.. You may get it for slightly more than your budget (7K) max, with (or) without a remote..

Ex : This ad from OLX - https://www.olx.in/item/yamaha-6-1-working-condition-no-remote-ID1lRr6H.html#73794d9c32

With an AVR and the speakers you have, integrating sub-woofer is just a piece of cake.. You may not use the surrounds.. But eases a lot of your problems and flexible 2/3.1..

Only down side is there is a huge amp on the desk or some where near it powering two tiny speakers ;) But it would outperform the cheaper suggestions.

Only down side is there is a huge amp on the desk or some where near it powering two tiny speakers ;) But it would outperform the cheaper suggestions.

True.. disadvantage with size.. Since he said he had 5 speakers & a subwoofer to be added, AVR would be ideal with connectivity..

@elangoas : I simply don't have the space for an AVR on my computer table.

Yes understand the space limitations.. May be a 21inch TV wall mount next to computer stand to hold the AVR (if that is feasible).. (or) on top of computer table..

Not a experienced member but I think for the budget go for Logitech or if you can go little higher swans m10 are extremely good for the price (not boomy but balanced)
I had Philips 2.1 which sounded good but built quality wasn't good.

Will below chain work?

Sound card stereo output >> 3.5 mm EP to dual RCA cable >> active-powered sub line level RCA input >> RCA loopthrough output of sub driving TPA3118 class D mono amps?

Have never used subs in my life so I barely know anything about them.

Yes this will work. Set the crossover on the sub. That way your speakers and subwoofer will know exactly what to do.

Which sound card is that? If it's an onboard, try getting something like an audioquest dragonfly DAC.

MaSh

Edifier r1700bt is an excellent choice, comes at 9k.
I recently got two pairs for my cousin and colleague. They are very much happy for the investment ( lol! they feel 10k is quite absurd for a stereo set)
Aesthetically and sonically they are fantastic for the price tag.

Yes this will work. Set the crossover on the sub. That way your speakers and subwoofer will know exactly what to do.

Which sound card is that? If it's an onboard, try getting something like an audioquest dragonfly DAC.

MaSh

The sound card is the onboard one. Unfortunately I made a huge mistake while buying the mother board so I don't have spare PCI slot for a sound card. May be I'll take out the video card and install the Asus sound card instead.

What I have so far:
1/ tiny left and right speakers from a budget Pioneer HT speaker package.
2/ an old Wharfedale powered subwoofer.
3/ a TPA3251 stereo board + 300VA Meanwell SMPS.

I need to put it together and see how it sounds. But first some rearranging is required to accommodate the sub.

I have Altec Lansing ATP-3 which I had bought for 4k. Right now after my desktop has gone it is sitting idle for the last 4 yrs. Maybe if you really want it I will be willing to part with it. Works well and sound quality as you would expect the Altec Lansing to sound .

I could repair my TPA3118 amp (one channel blew and I never bothered to fit another board) and use it to drive the fronts.

Will below chain work?

Sound card stereo output >> 3.5 mm EP to dual RCA cable >> active-powered sub line level RCA input >> RCA loopthrough output of sub driving TPA3118 class D mono amps?

Have never used subs in my life so I barely know anything about them.

a single board solution that could work - https://www.amazon.in/Robocraze-TPA...8478947&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=2.1+board&psc=1

What I have so far:
1/ tiny left and right speakers from a budget Pioneer HT speaker package.
2/ an old Wharfedale powered subwoofer.
3/ a TPA3251 stereo board + 300VA Meanwell SMPS.

I need to put it together and see how it sounds. But first some rearranging is required to accommodate the sub.

I have decided to use what I have as in the above quoted post but the red highlighted part is still pending:)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back