(cheap) power to the people!

Is it possible to get stabilizer and balanced isolation transformer in a single box to save space?
Noida's power supply has become very unstable and fluctuates all the time in last few days.

I got a Vertix 1 KVA servo stab + isolation transformer from them 5 motnhs ago. Its is a beautifully made thing. Looks good. performs great and has very convenient LCD redouts etc.

The name of the owner is Manjunath Kalmath and he gives a discount to HIFI members. All this is tanks to an earlier thread by Madbullram, who had taken the time out to figure out quality manufacturers in Chennai.

In fact, i haven't thanked Madbull yet. So dude, if you're reading: THANX!

Manjunath: 9886081610.

You can give him Madbullram's ref and mine as well. The guy is very sorted and very very helpful.

Hi Stevieboy

The BPT cost me $599. If you do not go for the Oyaide receptacle and internal copper foil and upgraded internal copper wire, you will save another $175-200.

I have a 500VA transformer for my digital.

The BPT reduces the electrical noise without any downsides.

Happy hunting.

I got a Vertix 1 KVA servo stab + isolation transformer from them 5 motnhs ago. Its is a beautifully made thing. Looks good. performs great and has very convenient LCD redouts etc.

The name of the owner is Manjunath Kalmath and he gives a discount to HIFI members. All this is tanks to an earlier thread by Madbullram, who had taken the time out to figure out quality manufacturers in Chennai.

In fact, i haven't thanked Madbull yet. So dude, if you're reading: THANX!

Manjunath: 9886081610.

You can give him Madbullram's ref and mine as well. The guy is very sorted and very very helpful.

Would you be able to post the price here?

Apologies for digging out this slightly old thread.

Thanks to stevieboy for this thread, I got to know about Tacima mains conditioners and got one delivered for my rig today. I have connected it and have been listening to music for the last couple of hours. My initial impressions are that it makes audible and mostly positive differences to sound quality. The separation of instruments is better and a lot of low level notes can be heard better now.

I have yet to notice the decrease in dynamics reported by stevieboy. Will try and do a A/B comparison with Tacima and a normal run of the mill power strip and post a detailed note this weekend.

A:thumbsup: to stevieboy!

Edit: I have connected both my Emotiva CD player and Onkyo 876 to the Tacima.

Last edited:

Thanks to stevieboy for this thread, I got to know about Tacima mains conditioners and got one delivered for my rig today. I have connected it and have been listening to music for the last couple of hours. My initial impressions are that it makes audible and mostly positive differences to sound quality. The separation of instruments is better and a lot of low level notes can be heard better now.

I have yet to notice the decrease in dynamics reported by stevieboy. Will try and do a A/B comparison with Tacima and a normal run of the mill power strip and post a detailed note this weekend.

Take a few weeks to listen and cover a wide range of your cd's. Then remove it one day in a moment of boredom and listen again. IMO many subtleities can only be discerened over time.

Sent from my iPod touch using My iPod touch

Congrats thekinge!

Happy listening :) As gobble suggested do extended listening for weeks then switch things. On short listens it's easy to be overpowered by noticeable differences but later on the overall sound might not thrill as much or you'll have a far truer idea of the sound.

it's not dynamics, its more speed and pace that seemed lacking on some songs. All component specific i guess so you might not hear the same. good to know it's making a difference though!

regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back