(cheap) power to the people!

apologies for the delAy guys. got held up. lisTening And taking notes will Make a Complete post by 11 after dInner.

Last edited:
Thank you Suri, for letting the Fangless Snake outta the Bag.... Now we can all rest 'comfortably Numb' ;)

TACIMA power conditioner - ya ok -

but i think i will run my ATAMCI full tilt -

and supply it at 1100 volts to this thread (at 40 amps)!!!:lol:

I still don't get it. How is a power conditioner going to provide "cheap power to the people"?:confused:

hehe sorry had some major stuff to finish.

yup its the TACIMA power conditioning strip. congrats to psychotropic who guessed a power strip! and to the entertaining answers. am sure iaudio's google skills must be ultra sharp by now and he's have cottoned on :D also thanks to all who made this a fun thread so far! :clapping:

Tacima 6 Way Mains Conditioner and Radio Frequency: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

HOW

this has its genesis in the earlier thread i had started about me buying a guitar and i saw vinod david's signature with a strange elongated thingie. i asked him what it was and since i hadn't heard the name tacima, i looked it up. it sounded like a good proposition, pun unintended, and i picked it up off ebay from here after asking him how it was. all the online reviews were good so it seemed like a sure thing.

TACIMA 6 GANG AUDIOPHILE MAINS BLOCK WITH RFI FILTER on eBay (end time 19-May-10 18:10:02 BST)

delivery in bout 15 days.

COST

Rs 2800 shipping included! hiten came quite close with the Rs 20 hehe only the two characters - 80 - in the middle was missing.

quite a no brainer experiment considering the price and it was a critical buy since i had to have an outlet that fit 6 plugs. lots of male female shenanigans going on behind my system. :eek:hyeah:

SOUND

this pretty much will have many converts to the power of power conditioning. GRIN. out of the box there was quite a noticeable improvement to the sound, tighter, quieter and expanded soundstage. somehow it seemed that music was in its own sphere and could not be touched by anything external. sounds weird but it felt like music had its own space.

sounded quite rough and raw but today sounds a bit better. also am using airport express and not a good digital system so what it did was quite clearly expose the shortcomings of components. but this is due to the source and the fact that the amp is still sitting on the ground. if you have a system set up properly with isolation, you'll be far more rewarded.

today listened to a few lps hasty listening but the quality is quite apparent.

micheal jackson lp
billie jean had super defined bass, much better than without the conditioner. beat it the background vocals were very clear even though at a low level. i noticed stuff that was buried before.

supertramp best of cd
the most astonishing part in a couple of songs i was skipping through was an intro where the piano is being played, i could almost imagine the key being depressed and the side of the neighbouring key becoming visible, quite a startling level of clarity.

eagles lp
there's one place in hotel california where vocals and instruments go silent before the next part begins, somewhere before the pink champagne bit. here for the first time it was dead quiet. almost like everything was switched off or it was the quiet before a track beginning to play and then the music started up again. never ever noticed this before!

billy ocean lp
in the song loverboy in the beginning there's a sort of low vibrato from the left channel. again never noticed this before.

overall vocals are much much clearer, following lyrics is easy now. earlier i used to imagine weird stuff to fill in the blanks! :D

bass is more defined and tighter

the overall soundstage is more fleshed out and sort of expanded.

all instruments and vocals seem to emerge from dead quiet points in space. all spaced out beautifully and clearly.

you can follow the trailing away of notes as clearly as the main notes even though the volume level is much lower.

CONCLUSION

for Rs 2800, i don't think there's any alternative that will do this level of power conditioning. totally worth it and it has surge protection too! there's a clear section where you can see the caps and filtering components. if you've got a mid level system or if you're someone who doesn't want to spend too much money but wants to discover what a power conditioning piece of equipment can do, this is a superb entry point and for some, you won't feel the need to go further.

edit: i forgot to add even tv pictures seem to have lost some haze and gained some clarity. quite like a slightly dusty window that's been cleaned. haven't done a proper comparison but casual viewing seems indicate the picture is clearer. nothing earth shattering and i well could be imagining it since i haven't done a proper comparison but it sure feels a bit clearer.

Last edited:
i could almost imagine the key being depressed and the side of the neighbouring key becoming visible, quite a startling level of clarity.

earlier i used to imagine weird stuff to fill in the blanks! :D

the overall soundstage is more fleshed out and sort of expanded.

all instruments and vocals seem to emerge from dead quiet points in space. all spaced out beautifully and clearly.

Nice. Powerchords do make a diff as I shared my discovery with you in a PM earlier recently. :)

PS: For 50 bucks a joint of grass can give the same improvements that audiophile crave for .. feeling expansive .. spaced out ... seeing things :D
Except that it goes up in smoke and you keep spending for the "upgrade" in small bits now and then and forever ... ;)

Cheers

Tacima, is what even i thought, because power and the thank you to Vinod David, brought to my mind the power conditioner in Vinods signature.
Bond where are you?

this passion of trips to Jupiter may be cheaper than a cdp.

Nice. Powerchords do make a diff as I shared my discovery with you in a PM earlier recently. :)

PS: For 50 bucks a joint of grass can give the same improvements that audiophile crave for .. feeling expansive .. spaced out ... seeing things :D
Except that it goes up in smoke and you keep spending for the "upgrade" in small bits now and then and forever ... ;)

Cheers

Tacima, is what even i thought, because power and the thank you to Vinod David, brought to my mind the power conditioner in Vinods signature.
Bond where are you?

knew you'd suss it out :) am in the middle of rearranging buying stuff to enhance playback. this was the first of polishing up the system. glad vinod had his signature so i could discover it. its the perfect piece of system enhancer for entry level to mid level.

regards

at 2.8k, it's cheap enough to be bought by everyone, hence power (empowerment) to the people! :)

Sure sounds like it stevieboy:) I first saw suri's post and being an "intern" in the hi-fi world, I was not quite sure how a power conditioner relates to the title of this thread. Now I understand!

Can you please post more information about your rig?

Last edited:
Sure sounds like it stevieboy:) I first saw suri's post and being an "intern" in the hi-fi world, I was not quite sure how a power conditioner relates to the title of this thread. Now I understand!

Can you please post more information about your rig?

hi thekinge,

my rig is:
lyrita audio 2A3 SET amp which am running with 45 tubes and which is being eyed by dali

vinyl: project rpm 9 turntable with sumiko bluepoint no 2 cart and speedbox with the lyrita phonostage with telefunken ecc83 tubes. every time i put a vinyl on i can feel suri's pull from the south trying to wrest it away! like the dark lord sitting in his high tower casting his eye trying to find frodo and the ring.

speakers: lyrita audio single driver 93db sensitive speakers.

digital: internet radio through itunes streamed wirelessly to airport express, connected via analog output to amp. have exited serious digital.

the power strip conditioner supposedly can't handle high power amps some reviews suggest so one would have to test it with and without. i guess this refers to huge 200+ watt amps but certainly the cdp and other components would benefit.

regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back