Cheapest dap with Flac support?

iaudio

Hey hi fiers,

I was using a Cowon Iaudio d2 till recently when it got stolen. I would have loved to get the d2 over again but fmy wallet says no!

Is there a cheaper flac playing dac with good sound quality?

Did you connect the sansa to your amp and play on speakers? I am interested in this player since months now, but waiting for stereo reproduction review without headphones ...

Regards

Did you connect the sansa to your amp and play on speakers? I am interested in this player since months now, but waiting for stereo reproduction review without headphones ...

Regards

HI gobble

I added to my post re: my observations connecting the player to an AR

I din't buy any microsd card for expansion.. It just plays flac and vorbis with firmware versions 01.01.15 and above, the current firmware version is 01.02.26. The play time with Flac is 8-10 hrs with Vorbis and other lossy compression I'm getting more than 17 hrs...... it supports WMA but not WMA lossless.........There's a FM tuner but no RDS.........do not expect any quality with the stock headphones they're cheaper than the most cheapest headphones. I'm currently using the one which came with my iPod shuffle...They're great.The screen is ultra vulnerable to scratches.... so if you're a kind of person who worries for scratches then put some scratch guard or something like that...its like around 500-1000 scratches after two days of use...but almost invisible in backlight........ it comes with a small velvet pouch...which for me is really really cool.....removing the data transfer cable from the Fuze is an arduous task you have to press the buttons to remove it.... it comes with a cd which is useless as it contains no software which assists the operation.... ....but on the web you can download sansa media converter to convert videos .... also install K-lite codec pack before starting the conversion........again mine is 4 GB Red and I paid Rs.5000 .... it comes with one year warranty and it is distributed and supported in India through Rashi Peripherals.....Quality headphones are a must for this player.. do not audition this with the default headphone..Forgot to tell ya there are two revisions mine is rev 1...Finally its tiny and it plays Flac and thats awesome...you have any doubts feel free to ask .... .... Thanks

Last edited:
.......do not expect any quality with the stock headphones they're cheaper than the most cheapest headphones. I'm currently using the one which came with my iPod shuffle...They're great.

I am surprised at your experiences with the pod headphones. I have tried a few and they are just bad. Not to say the fuze is great either. You should try with a slightly better quality even like the sennheiser px 100 or grado sr 60 or 80. The sound just opens up.

iPod headphones are good... the only problem is I can't hear any low frequencies..... I'm also planning to buy a Sennheiser but I wonder my fuze can drive it without draining the battery....anyone using Fuze with sennheiser in this forum...the model I'm looking is HD 600 or 650..and you know what they're ultra expensive..

is there any headphones with specs same as HD 600 or 650....also I need a headphone amplifier...to drive this 300 ? monster....both will exceed the cost that I'm planning to spend on a studio monitor....

is there any headphones with specs same as HD 600 or 650....also I need a headphone amplifier...to drive this 300 ? monster....both will exceed the cost that I'm planning to spend on a studio monitor....

Well, you will need quite a good headphone amp for hd650! I am planning to get the fiio e5 soon but to be used with lesser beings of the headphone world:p!

So, the cheapest option seems to be the 4gb fuze at 5k? I can get the 4gb d2 for that price from the u.s I guess!
Is there any other player? I think there is one from Samsung.
The biggest issue is that when you intend to use flac with your player the 4gb will never be enough! Memory expansion would always be the next step.

The PX 100 or the HD 595 could be the one you're looking for. Both have sound signatures similar to the 650 and don't need an amp to drive them. If size is not an issue for you, I'd suggest you go for the 595's...

F400008677-FIL-global-001
Check this logo

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back